Are you ready to make mason jar gifts? We are sharing our Stove Top Potpourri. We think you will enjoy making this homemade potpourri that you can simmer on the stove-top. Add it to mason jars or other pretty jars. Print our free gift tag with directions. Give it to someone and it makes the home smell pretty.
This homemade gift in a jar is so easy to make. It’s perfect for a Thanksgiving hostess gift, and a homemade Christmas gift. Bonus, when giving away your simmering potpourri you can print 4 gift tags at a time.
Looking for other DIY gifts? Things to make? See all our Christmas Craft Ideas
Stove Top Potpourri
The steps for this mason jar gift are easy: Grab your supplies and follow the recipe below. In a nutshell; First, make the simmering potpourri, then add it to a mason jar, secure the lid, print and use the printable gift tag to secure onto the lid and then attach the pretty ribbon. Tada! Your Christmas stovetop potpourri is done! Just follow the instructions below to get started.
Once gifted, the receiver can read the instructions on the label of how to use this homemade gift idea right off the printable label. This is such an easy gift to make and give someone. If you love mason jar crafts or making gifts in a jar, you are sure to enjoy making this wonderful smelling simmer pot potpourri.
Are you ready to start making homemade gifts? Use this mason jar gift as a gift for neighbors, teacher’s gifts, friends, and even hostess gifts… I love making them for Christmas gifts and think you will too. Christmas potpourri!
What is a simmering potpourri?
What can you simmer on the stove to make your house smell good?
A blend of potpourri, like this potpourri recipe with citrus, apple, cinnamony goodness that you can simmer, slowly in the water on the stove.
Simmer Pot in a Jar Gift
This potpourri recipe smells so good! It’s so easy to make! Let’s make this stovetop potpourri.
Time to Make: 4 hours 10 minutes
Supplies to make Stove Top potpourri for your simmering pot
- 1 pint-size jar or pint-sized mason jars, (Another option is cellophane bags)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced (dried oranges)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (dried apples)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Printable Gift Tag
- Baking sheet
- Wire rack
How to make stove-top Potpourri
DIY Stove Top Potpourri
- You can easily make more at once by using more ingredients along with additional baking sheets, and wire drying racks.
- If you don’t have time to make the homemade potpourri recipe then you can purchase like (Christmas) simmering potpourri, or this (Harvest) simmering potpourri divide it into your jars, add cinnamon sticks jump to steps 4-6 to make and complete your gift in a jar!
Dry the orange and apple slices by placing them in a single layer on a wire rack. Place the wire
rack on top of a baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees for three to four hours.
Allow the orange and apple slices to cool completely before assembling the jar.
Print the printable gift tag and cut around the outer edge.
Place the gift label, add the label on top of the round metal lid insert,
then screw the ring into place.
Decorate the jar with a ribbon.
Now your simmering potpourri in a jar is done and ready to give as a gift or use.
Christmas Simmer Pot
Printable Gift Label
PDF printable mason jar lid label for the simmering jar gift. (prints 4 at once) Print, cut and decorate your jars after making your potpourri. Use this label for Christmas.
- Sign up for more free printables and crafts to make.
How long does potpourri last?
The scent of our potpourris will last anywhere from 2 months to years, depending on the blend you choose, where it is placed and how it is used. By keeping it in a place that is free from direct sunlight and breezes, it will last longer. (reference)
Christmas Stove Top Potpourri
- New here? Don’t forget to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Ideas for the Holidays Pinterest
- Mason Jar Crafts Pinterest
- Craft Ideas
- Gift Ideas
- Christmas Craft Ideas
Looking for more mason jar gifts and homemade Christmas gift ideas?
DIY Christmas Gifts
- Holiday Gift Packing – Make holiday cookies or candies… and add them to jars for gifts. Wrap a personalized ribbon for a special touch. This post has a few ideas you can make for Christmas too.
- Christmas Craft Ideas
- Gift Ideas
How early do you start making gifts for the holidays or Christmas?