Over the holiday season I tried a little more candy making and candy recipes. You may remember when I shared the chocolate covered cherries I made? We have made candies since then but, I didn’t have time to take photos of all of them. I plan on making a few more types of candies too as we are co-hosting a baby shower and Valentines Day is coming up. The fun thing about making candy besides making them, is eating and sharing them. Everyone else will love them too. You can make candy for any holidays, take away gifts or just to treat someone. I hope you get a chance to try this Easy Oreo Truffles Candy Recipe!
One thing that is important when following candy recipes is make sure you give your self a block of time to get the recipe made. Follow all the steps. If needed have a candy thermometer, cookie sheets, wax paper or splats, hot pads and a double boiler. These are common supplies for candy making. But, for this particular recipe you really don’t need that many supplies. The supply list is below.
What you’ll need for the Homemade Oreo Truffles;
- 1 Package of Oreos (regular, double stuffed should be avoided)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- Wilton Candy Melts Red and Pink
- Wax Paper
- 2 Forks
- Cookie Sheet
Easy Oreo Truffles Recipe
- •1 Package of Oreos regular, double stuffed should be avoided
- •8 ounces Cream Cheese
- •Wilton Candy Melts Red and Pink
- •Wax Paper
- •2 Forks
- •Cookie Sheet
1. Crush the entire package of Oreos into a bowl (or blender)
2. Mix in a softened package of cream cheese.
3. Shape Oreo mixture into balls and place on the wax paper.
4. Freeze for 10-15 minutes to help the Oreo truffles survive being dumped into the candy melts.
5. In a bowl melt your package of candy melts. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir until smooth. Microwave in additional 30 second intervals if it is needed.
6. One at a time drop Oreo truffles into the candy melts, coat, and then use both forks to remove with ease. Add to wax paper and top with sprinkles immediately.
7. Allow candy melts to harden and serve.
Avoid using Double Stuffed Oreos for the recipe.