One of my favorite slow cooker recipes is my Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. More and more it’s become our families favorite meals. Our mini-vacation is over, summer school has started and the heat has come. Bring on the slow cooker recipes! The slow cooker seriously rescues me. I reach for my slow cooker when meal planning throughout the year but, especially in the summer. Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos is hands down one of Sammie’s favorites. And mine because it’s one of our easy crockpot recipes. Do you love slow cooker meals?
Here are a few reasons why I love cooking in them so much. Usually, the prep time is super short for the recipes. I can prep the dinner before the heat of the day. Even prep the garnishes and some sides if I wanted to. Start the slow cooker and it’s ready by dinner time. Cleanups are easy too. Win/win! I’ve made slow cooker tacos for quite a while and adapted my recipe several times. I think I finally found the perfect combination. The bonus is you can use the leftovers in a soup, quesadillas, burritos, enchiladas or other meals listed later in the post.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe
- Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts (with 5-6 breasts)
- 2 cups Organic Chicken Broth (1 small can) Or one 32-ounce box and use the remainder for soup when I’m ready to use the leftovers.
- Measure (1 cup) from 1 jar Mango Habanero La Victoria Salsa
- Plus 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 can El Tapo Tomato Sauce + Jalapeno (usually on the bottom shelf where the tomato sauces are or in your Mexican section)
- You can Salt, Pepper to taste after cooking. But, you seriously don’t need any other spices
- Non-Stick Spray such as Pam to coat your slow cooker lightly
- Spray the non-stick spray into your slow cooker/crockpot.
- Add your boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Pour in 2 cups of organic chicken broth.
- Next, add 1 cup of Mango Habanero Salsa and other salsa.
- Then open and add the El Tapo tomato sauce.
- Set slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high.
- Cook until chicken has reached 165 degrees and it’s tender so you can cut/shred the meat.
Thirty minutes prior to the chicken being done, or earlier:
- Make Taco Shells ( soft or hard shells)
- Pre Make a side dish such as Mexican rice.
- Prep lettuce by washing and shredding up. Wash and slice tomatoes. Wash and slice green onions. Shred Sharp Cheddar or your favorite cheese. NOTE: I like to do the veggie and cheese prep right after I press start on the slow cooker. Then I just cover the platter until dinner is ready and I’m serving!
This is one family dinner/meal that we love to eat. Even though there is only 3 of us I cook a big batch. I make tacos the first night, then with leftovers either a version of this Chicken Tortilla Soup or chicken burritos.
You can even use the meat for a chicken salad or nachos. It’s tender, juicy and flavorful without being spicy.
- Be sure to check out my appetizer recipe
If your looking for a new slow cooker/crockpot This is the one I just bought my daughter for her birthday and she loves it!
Have you started making recipes like this in your Instant Pot?
- Yes, then you might like to see these Instant Pot Recipes Or this version chicken tacos, Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Crockpot Recipes Pinterest
- Easy Chicken Dinners Pinterest
- Easy Chicken Dinners
- Easy Crockpot Recipes
How often do you make slow cooker meals?