Our mini vacation is over, summer school has started and the heat has come. Bring on the slow cooker recipes! The slow cooker seriously recues me. I reach for my slow cooker when meal planning throughout the year but, especially in the summer. One of my favorite slow cooker recipes is my Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. More and more it’s become our families favorite meals. Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos is hands down one of Sammie’s favorites. Do you love slow cooker meals?
Here’s a few reasons why I love cooking in them so much. Usually the prep time is super short for the recipes. I can prep the dinner before the heat of the day. Even prep the garnishes and some sides if I wanted to. Start the slow cooker and it’s ready by dinner time. Clean ups are easy too. Win/win! I’ve made slow cooker tacos for quite a while and adapted my recipe several times. I think I finally found the perfect combination. The bonus is you can use the left overs in a soup or other meals listed later in the post.
Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Tacos
Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts (with 5-6 breasts)
- 2 cups Organic Chicken Broth (1 small can) * I purchase a 32 ounce box and use the remainder for soup when I’m ready to use the leftovers.
- Measure 1 cup from 1 jar Mango Habanero La Victoria Salsa
- Plus 1 cup regular mild salsa
- 1 can El Tapo Tomato Sauce + Jalapeno (usually on the bottom shelf where the tomato sauces are or in your Mexican section)
- You can Salt, Pepper to taste after cooking. But, you seriously don’t need any other spices
- Non Stick Spray such as Pam to coat your slow cooker lightly
- Spray the non stick spray into your slow cooker / crockpot.
- Add your boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Pour in 2 cups of organic chicken broth.
- Next add 1 cup of Mango Habanero Salsa and other salsa.
- Then open and add the El Tapo tomato sauce.
- Set slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high.
- Cook until chicken has reached 165 degrees and it’s tender so you can cut/shred the meat.
Thirty minutes prior to chicken being done, or earlier:
- Make Taco Shells ( soft or hard shells)
- Pre Make a side dish such as Mexican rice.
- Prep lettuce by washing and shredding up. Wash and slice tomatoes. Wash and slice green onions. Shred Sharp Cheddar or your favorite cheese. NOTE: I like to do the veggie and cheese prep right after I press start on the slow cooker. Then I just cover the platter until dinner is ready and I’m serving!
This is one family dinner / meal that we love to eat. Even though there is only 3 of us I cook a big batch. I make tacos the first night, then with left overs either a version of this Chicken Tortilla Soup or chicken burritos.
You can even use the meat for a chicken salad or nachos. It’s tender, juicy and flavorful without being spicy.
- Be sure to check out my appetizer recipe I share how you can enter to grab a chance at winning a $500 grill!
If your looking for a new slow cooker / crock pot This is the one I just bought my daughter for her birthday and she loves it!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Printable Recipe:
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- •Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts with at least 5-6 breasts
- •2 cups Organic Chicken Broth 1 small can * I purchase a 32 ounce box and use the remainder for soup when I'm ready to use the leftovers.
- •Measure 1 cup from 1 jar Mango Habanero La Victoria Salsa
- •Plus 1 cup regular mild salsa
- •1 can El Tapo Tomato Sauce + Jalapeno usually on the bottom shelf where the tomato sauces are or in your Mexican section
- •You can Salt Pepper to taste after cooking. But, you seriously don't need any other spices
- •Non Stick Spray such as Pam to coat your slow cooker lightly
1.Spray the non stick spray into your slow cooker / crockpot.
2.Add your boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
3.Pour in 2 cups of organic chicken broth.
4.Next add 1 cup of Mango Habanero Salsa and other salsa.
5.Then open and add the El Tapo tomato sauce.
6.Set slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high.
7.Cook until chicken has reached 165 degrees and it's tender so you can cut/shred the meat.
If you would like the recipe a bit spicier, after it is cooked add diced green chilies or diced jalapenos to your tacos.