Who is ready for a Girls Night In?? I’m going to tell you about this fun book for girls, with my book review of Girls Night In. I’m getting ready to head up to take care of my grandkids for a week. Which means I’m going to be kind of like Mary Poppins. I’ll have a big bag of fun with me. I’ll reach in and for each little one I’ll have special books, craft ideas and fun things to do.
Of course there will be messes. Camp outs in the living room… but, everything will be spit, spot when the parents come home. A little bit of back story about my oldest grand daughter. She is going on 9. Loves to pretend, craft and read. Most of all she loves to play with friends and loves sleepovers with close friends.
Girls Night In
Well, this book Girls Night In by author Gemma Barder is perfect for her and might be perfect for your little girl or granddaughter too. Here’s a little bit about the book. It’s illustrations are adorable. The illustrator is Katy Jackson.
It’s all about four girls having the ultimate “girls night in”. For starters it has Meet the girls and shares the four girls in the book and their names, eye color, favorites and hobbies. You could use this idea for your own slumber party. Next I’ll break down the fun sections for having the ultimate girls night in!
The book is broken into sections with lots of things to do, fun quizzes and cool invitations.
The sections of the book Girls Night In include;
- Movie Marathon complete with ideas and snack recipes….
- Pamper party filled with girly beauty from head to toe (how tos)….
- Book Clubbers readers will be flipping over this book club night party; literary stars, write your own book, guess that book….
- Music Madness filled with ideas for making a band, make an album cover, dance party….
- Time to Play games, quizzes, fruit smoothie and granola bar recipes….
- Fashion Fun for a fashion night; styles by season, be a designer, cat walk queens….
- Get Crafty; friendship bracelets, fab frames, adorable hangers, cute cupcakes…..
- Top Talent; You have talent, quizzes, top tips…..
The invitations for each are adorable. Many ideas are something that kids can do themselves. If they need to get an adult it has a special warning sign to tell them to. Honestly as a girl do we ever tire of having a fun girls night in?? I think kids, pre teens will love the ideas, crafts, DIY and recipes in this book. Of course this is meant for kids and pre teens but, hey moms I think you’ll find a few things in there too you’ll love doing with the kids or solo.
- The book is geared for kids 8-11 years old (I think some older pre teens would enjoy this too)
- grades k-3 or… ( I think the younger ones will need moms help )
- When you grab this book for your girls, grandkids or as a gift… The biggest thing will be; What theme to pick? What will you do first??
- I did receive the book for reviewing purposes. There are affiliate links in the post
Want to grab the book for your girls? Girls Night In by Gemma Barder
Who would you gift this book to??