We’ve had a lot of family pets. Dogs, cats, birds, fish (why do they always go belly up?) and more. As a mom I never had time for that, when I was raising my four older kids. I’m just kidding. They had pets but, mostly outdoor pets. A bunch of barn cats, pigs, chickens, dogs and some strays that always managed to come up on the property. Time flies! No it’s us with my last kid in the nest. When she spotted our English bulldog in the pet store we were all smitten. Or was he a vampire and we were bitten?
Because out of all these pets we ever had he is the sweetest thing we ever owned. Bulldog love is sweeter than Christmas. And today I’m sharing 13 reasons why. I know I use to look at them and think they are kind of ugly, with their big jetting jaws. But, at the same time they were cute with their pug noses, sweet eyes and sad faces. Bulldogs have personality plus! So, let me share why this bully that we named Rex has become our best pet ever and unwrap today’s story, and dog lovers lifestyle.
13 Reasons Bulldog Love Is Sweeter Than Christmas
- Loyalty: They will follow you around or lay by your feet all day long
- Sweet: Bulldogs are super gentle and make great family pets
- Fun: Loves to play with cats, chase balls, ride skateboards….
- Goofy: Not because they look like the character goofy but, they can make the silliest faces (especially when running see last image)
- Attentive: When you have a bad day they can tell and come over to cheer you up
- Stubborn: You might have to tell them more than once to do something and have patience for their training
- Good Travelers: They are happy to sit in the back of the car and ride where ever you take them
- Strong: Their bodies are very strong with their big chests
- Quiet: We had a barker terrier before (no offence to terrier lovers) I trained Rex by ignoring his barking when he was a pup. (Yeah, YouTube videos!) He’s not a barker.
- Snorter: When they get excited they kind of snort through their noses, blowing air
- Playful: Because when your ready to go play, they are ready to go play!
- Walkers: They love taking walks with you! (But, you need to keep them cool. No mid day walks)
- When you get a bulldog or other dog: You unwrap their love, it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
We love treating our family pets (yes, we have cats too) to treats, new toys and upgrading their necessities such as leashes…as needed. Today’s post was brought to you by Chewy.com Where pet lovers love to shop! They sponsored Rex with a new minty bouncy ball toy, treats and new leash.
He loves this ball. Whether I’m tossing it for him, he’s running for it or he’s holding it in his mouth to play with it. These are his honest opinions. He loved them all!
Where pet lovers shop:
If you love your pet’s I highly recommend checking out Chewy.com for all your pet needs!
What type of pets do you or your family have?