Instant Pot BBQ Chicken. Are you looking for an easy chicken dinner? This is it! Winner, winner no-fuss barbecue chicken dinner. Add the bbq chicken to buns and you have the best-pulled bbq chicken sandwiches! When they are done eating you will be hearing it’s Finger-Lickin’ chicken.
Do you need more recipes for your instant pot? We love them. Because they are easy to make and get dinner on the table fast. Looking for more instant pot recipes to try or do you want to try something else? See all our Instant Pot Recipes
This instant pot BBQ chicken recipe is just like my BBQ crockpot chicken that is soo good but, takes much longer. If you haven’t jumped on the instant pot train yet. Girl, get one! It’s going to save you time and get your dinners on the table quickly.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
I love recipes that don’t heat up the kitchen in the summer. The recipe is great for when it’s too hot to cook and BBQ outdoors. Or great for when you are craving BBQ in the winter. This chicken recipe is perfect any time of year.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Instructions
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons BBQ Seasoning
A ½ cup of water
1 jar BBQ sauce
How to make Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Place the chicken breast in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Add water.
- Season the chicken with BBQ seasoning.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent. Set to Pressure Cook and cook for 8 minutes. (if the chicken is frozen increase time to 12 minutes) *
- Do a quick release and remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with a fork. Pour out extra water and put shredded chicken back in the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and add the BBQ sauce. Stir to mix and cook for five minutes to warm the sauce.
Steps with images
Step 2. Season the chicken with BBQ seasoning.
Step 3. Then place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent. Set to Pressure Cook and cook for 8 minutes. (if the chicken is frozen increase time to 12 minutes) *
Step 4. Do a quick release and remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with a fork. Pour out extra water and put shredded chicken back in the pot.
Stir and mix and cook for 5 minutes to warm the sauce.
Now your BBQ chicken is ready to serve!
You can serve your pulled BBQ chicken on buns, with French bread or with potatoes or rice.
Don’t forget your veggie sides. Wink, wink.
Can you make Instant Pot BBQ Chicken with frozen chicken?
Yes, you can. It will just take slightly longer. That is the beautiful thing about instant pot cooking. If you forget to defrost something you can cook the chicken frozen. If you use frozen chicken change cooking time to (12 minutes + 10 minutes release time) *reference
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Instant Pot Recipes Pinterest
- Easy Chicken Recipes Pinterest
- Easy Crockpot Recipes
- Easy Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Recipes