Today I’m sharing how to make a DIY Valentine’s Day Gift Basket. You can make this for her, or for teen girl’s Valentine’s Day gift. Or maybe you want to make one for someone else? DIY a gift basket for a sister, aunt, mom or grandma….. I’ll share how you can grab a few of their favorite things, and toss in a Valentine’s gift or two, and how to DIY your gift basket. They are easy to make, and can be very affordable. The end result is a great gift for her.
DIY Valentine’s Day Gift Basket
I don’t give out big gifts every year. Sometimes it’s just candy, and a sweet card. Or homemade cupcakes, and a cute mug. But, I just happened to be shopping at Target. Uh, you know what that means? The dollar section, and other areas of the store that always has too much eye candy for shoppers just like me.
Any way, when I was there I had this idea to make a Valentine’s Day Basket for Sammie. She only has two years left at home, so I kind of want to spoil her the next few years. But, I wanted the gift to be budget friendly. Let me show you how you can make a fun themed Valentine’s Day gift basket too.
If you have a gift basket at home reuse it! That’s what I did. Then grab some gold/white shredded crinkle gift paper or other color like pink crinkle paper. Depending on the size of your basket get 1/2 pound or 1 pound.
Want to be thrifty? You can store any un-used crinkle paper in plastic bag for storing, keeping it nice looking until needed for your next gift.
How to Make a Valentine’s Day Gift Basket
- Grab your gift basket or use one you have, or upcycle one
- Gold/white shredded crinkle gift paper or other colors
- Pick out a few fun items, see Valentine’s Day ideas below (for us it was the fluffy Valentine’s Day Pillows)
- Add in one or two other items you know she/or your teen /or receiver of the gift would like or need
- Need gift ideas? We listed some of our favorites after the DIY
Do you really want to spoil her? Consider wrapping up a special box with jewelry.
How to DIY a gift basket
Start by grabbing a basket. Then add your crinkle paper to the bottom of your basket. Next put in your bigger items, and slip the smaller items in between.
I spotted these two faux fur throw pillows at the store, and grabbed them. Here’s where you can get similar faux fur throw pillows in white, pink or silver. The main difference is they are bigger in size, and more in price. But, oh so pretty! Anyone who gets on will love them! Or run down to your Target to see if any of the smaller size is left.
I spotted these cute Valentine’s Day Pins. She loves collecting pins for her jackets.
Next I picked out an exercise mat, and resistance stretch cords. She’ll love these since track is starting soon. When you roll out this mat it says #keepongoing
I am going to slip in her favorite chocolate bar to finish up. All this for under $25. Sweet Valentine’s Day gift for her. (my soon to be sweet 16 teen!)
- To complete your gift basket, you can wrap your gift with cellophane, and hearts, or create a wired bow or curl ribbon.
- How to wrap your gift basket with cellophane? Check out this video on how to wrap your gift basket with cellophane.
When creating your gift basket think of something she’s been wanting, like a newly released book, a craft tool she’s needed…. Then grab something she didn’t expect. Add something sweet, and something that says Valentine’s Day, you’ll be golden. Here’s a few ideas all the ladies in our family love, and might make a great gift idea for her.
Looking for Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for her?
Valentine’s Day Ideas for her
- heart boxed candy
- assorted chocolates
- cute Valentine’s Day patches
- enamel pin sets (unicorn, rainbow, lips)
- heart pillows
- Valentine’s Day Mugs for coffee/hot chocolate
- Valentine’s Day candles
- boohoo S&G Bubble Boutique Bath Bombed Set •
- Adorn Bath Bomb •
- Pearl Bath Bombs Rare Gemstone Spa Trio with Luxury Ring Surprise – Set of 3 •
- Charcoal Detox Bath Bomb •
- MAKERSKIT Cotton Candy Bath Bomb •
- Barr-Co. Reserve Bath Bomb 4.3 oz. •
Jewelry for her
Prices for every budget
Miriam Merenfeld Jewelry Tokens 18K Over Silver Necklace •
Tiffany & Co. Open Heart Pendant Necklace • Tiffany & Co. •
GUESS – Heart Bracelet Bracelet • GUESS •
Silvertone Puff Heart Stud Earrings • Saks Fifth Avenue •
Gucci Silver Logo Heart Ring • Gucci •
Dogeared Anchor Heart Charm Necklace • Dogeared •
Dogeared Heart Arrow Charm Necklace • Dogeared •
Dogeared Sister Heart Necklace, 16″ • Dogeared •
Lovely Set, White, Rose gold plating • Swarovski •
Jane Basch 14K & 22K Over Silver Heart Bangle •
Miriam Merenfeld Jewelry Inspirations 18K Over Silver Necklace •
Nordstrom Rack CZ & Solid Detail Heart Stud 2-Piece Earrings Set •
Aila Day Heart Watch, Leather strap, White, Rose gold tone • Swarovski •
Rosanna Iridescent Heart Trinket Box • Rosanna •
- New here? Be sure to subscribe, and never miss out.
- Pin it to save these ideas for later
- If you are shopping at Target? Free shipping on orders $35 +
Who will you be making a special Valentine’s Day Gift Basket for?
- Gift Guide Teen Girls
- 9 Top Mini Straightening Rods
- Last Minute Gift Ideas for Her
- 30 Galaxy Gift Ideas for Her
- Valentines Ideas for Her
- Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas