I have kind of been obsessed with making chicken marinades. They make the chicken so flavorful, the longer you let the chicken sits in the juicy mixture the better the taste. This chicken marinade is for the grill.
Are you looking for more recipes to make? Be sure to see all our grilled recipes.
Chicken Marinade For The Grill
This recipe for chicken marinade is flavorful. You can make ahead of time and let your chicken marinate in the mixture (while refrigerated) until it’s grilling time. What you get is a tasty, tender chicken packed with flavor!
- Chicken Breasts (4-6 Large) Or any regular-size package of chicken
- Spices – oregano, salt, black pepper, cumin
- Jalapeno pepper or poblano pepper (1)
- Lime (1-2) or bottled lime juice (1/4 cup)
- Orange (1)
- Garlic Cloves (6)
- Olive Oil
Helpful kitchen tools
- Large container for the marinade or gallon-size Ziploc plastic bag.
- Plate or Platter
- Meat Thermometer
- Hands-Free bag holder with clips
- Garlic Press
How to make the chicken marinade for the grill
Begin by prepping your garlic cloves, jalapeno, lime, and orange.
- First, mince your garlic cloves or crush them in your garlic press.
- Next, seed and chop your jalapeno finely.
- Squeeze and juice your lime and orange into a bowl.
- Measure and add 1/4 cup olive oil into the same bowl as the citrus juices.
- Measure out your spices as follows;
1-1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
- Mix all the ingredients together.
Then add the chicken into a large container for the marinade or Ziplocks bag (this is what I used) and pour the marinade to the container or Ziplock bag.
Seal or cover the bowl, after mixing. Place the chicken with marinade into the refrigerator for 2 or more hours, up to overnight.
How to grill the marinated chicken
- Take the chicken out of the fridge.
- Rub an oil-soaked paper towel over the grill grates. This helps keep the chicken meat from sticking.
- Heat the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the Ziplock or Container (discard excess marinade). Add the chicken on a 375F-degree setting (medium/high) Close the grill top to reduce the chance of flare-ups.
- Grill on one side until the chicken turns white halfway.
- Turn the chicken over and continue to grill until fully cooked.
- Test your chicken with a thermometer. Continue to cook until it reaches the minimum internal temperature for chicken-(INTERNAL TEMPERATURE FOR CHICKEN 165F)
Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
Side dishes we like to serve with this grilled chicken recipe are tossed green salad, corn on the cobb, and other vegetables. You can microwave potatoes or bake potatoes and even serve it with Mexican rice or rice pilaf. The combinations are endless, including using canned vegetable staples such as green beans, corn, or a three-bean salad.
Related Recipes You Might Enjoy Grilling –
- You might like this GRILLED CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPE – we made this for the indoor grill but, it can be used for the oven or stovetop. This marinade has a bit more Asian flare to it compared to today’s grilled chicken that is more of a Mexican inspired marinade.
- Are you making steak soon? Try this marinated recipe for
- Or this
- And if you enjoy grilled chicken on your salad this recipe for
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grilling Recipes Pinterest
- Grilled Recipes