Today’s recipe of the day is for a Blueberry Smoothie Recipe! For breakfast, a go-to snack and lunches smoothies are it right now. I love them because they are healthy, quick and easy to make! I don’t know about you but, having kids and teens home all day means a lot of snacking and food making! So, why not blend one up!
Are you looking for something else to make? Here’s where to find our other smoothie recipes!
This recipe uses fresh and frozen fruits. If you are having a hard time finding groceries or the fruit is out of season frozen is a great substitute for fresh. The fruits are flash frozen which helps preserve the fruits.
Smoothie Blending Tip -If you do use all fresh fruits you will need to add ice. Typically 1 to 2 cups of ice cubes added to the top of the ingredients will be plenty. Start out with less and then add the second cup. This way you can get the consistency and thickness you like!
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 apple (green or red)
- 1 piece of peeled fresh ginger (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 3/4 cup nectarines or peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups organic apple juice
- 3 heaping tablespoons of yogurt (we use vanilla yogurt)
- 1 – 2 tsp. organic honey
- Ice if making the smoothie with fresh fruits
This recipe for a blueberry smoothie is easy to adapt, by adding your favorite fruits! We added strawberries and peaches for natural sweetness, along with a little honey to offset the bright, bold flavors of the ginger.
Need the recipe to be dairy-free? Omit the yogurt, then reduce the apple juice a little and add ice.
Can you swap out the apple juice? Yes, you can use milk, soy milk, and even water!
Plus try these additions you can add to the recipe and adapt the recipe with to make it even healthier!
- Protein powder
- Spinach powder or spinach
- Vitamins for smoothies
- Energy Boosters for smoothies
How To Make A Blueberry Smoothie
- Core your apple and slice it.
- Cut a fresh piece of ginger and peel it.
- Add your fresh apple juice to the blender followed by all the ingredients.
- Next, add ice to your ingredients, if your fruit isn’t frozen. Add the ice to the blender.
- Secure the lid on, then place the blender on the blender stand.
- Start slow, increasing speed to blend the smoothie well. Stop or pulse the blender and blend again making adjustments to ice or juice as needed.
- Be sure to blend until the ingredients are well blended this should only take a few minutes if you have a good blender!
- Pour and enjoy!
Be sure to print the smoothie recipe or pin it for later! This blueberry smoothie with yogurt is perfect for 2 but can easily serve 1 adult and a few kids. You can find our other easy recipes for meal planning right here in our (Recipe Index)
Why add ginger to your smoothies?
It’s really healthy for you. 11 benefits of using ginger
I use this Vitamix Blender. Where I used to work we had Blendtec blenders. I prefer the Vitamix for at home it takes up less space and is a high-quality blender. If you can’t afford them right now watch for them to go on sale or work your way up to owning one because they are worth their price for blending and cooking. You can grab my recipe for a Strawberry Smoothie Plus see why I love it here (Vitamix review + recipe) Plus grab a recipe for a yummy Strawberry Smoothie! And if you don’t have the personal adapter for your Vitamix you can see what they can do (here) and grab a Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie recipe too!
Related Recipes using fresh blueberries
- Or try something like our favorite beet smoothie, strawberry smoothie or other Smoothie Recipes