One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake. I had the chance to try out this cookbook for free, “The Cheesecake Bible” and share a cheesecake recipe from the cookbook. My family loves to eat cheesecake. Does yours? If I ask what dessert they want hands down they vote for it. I promise to share my recipe soon. I love making it but, also enjoy trying new recipes for cheesecake. Don’t you? Have you heard of the Cheesecake bible? This is a cookbook with 200 recipes for cheesecake!
Yes, 200 recipes! I first made cheesecake in my twenties for a family gathering. It quickly became a family favorite. The decadent, melt in your mouth taste, typically with a graham cracker crust. Oh, so good. Cheesecakes can be quite impressive yet, they are not difficult to make if you follow the directions.
I’d say a good springform pan, and basic baking skills are must-haves. Also, a good recipe is key!
The book, “The Cheesecake Bible“ is authored by George Geary who teaches baking and cooking techniques at over 100 cooking schools across North America every year. He is a food journalist and another of five cookbooks.
The Cheesecake Bible
The Cheesecake Bible Cookbook
What’s included in the cookbook?
- Starts with an introduction, tools, and equipment for perfect cheesecakes
- Common ingredients, basic techniques for perfect cheesecakes
- The FAQ from his students
The Cheesecake Bible Cookbook
Cookbook Recipe Chapters
- World of Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Fresh Fruit Cheesecakes
- Citrus Cheesecakes
- Nut Cheesecakes
- No-Bake Cheesecakes
- Small Cheesecakes and Bars
- Cheese Pies
- Savory Cheesecakes
- Holiday and Celebration Cheesecakes
- Topping and Sauces
Lastly, there is the sources, acknowledgments, and index. There are image sections with various photographs but, not an image for each recipe. There are the standard recipe ingredients, instructions, how many the cheesecake dessert will serve, tips and variations.
There is no step by step images in this book but, each recipe has all the directions. The directions include cool times, how to test and if to cover the cheesecake.
Butterscotch Peach Cheesecake
What I really enjoy about this book is the range of recipes for cheesecakes. I had never heard of some of the various flavors or combinations. Recipes that caught my eye to try are the Lavender Honey Cheesecake, Cafe Au Lait Cheesecake with a chocolate crust, Tiramisu Cheesecake and Blue Ribbon Cheesecake. Then there’s the savory Olive Pesto Cheesecake made with wheat cracker crumbs and an Artichoke Cheesecake.
With 200 recipes to choose from, there is something for everyone’s enjoyment! They even cover a few pages of online sources. I can’t wait to share a recipe I make from the cookbook!
- I did receive a copy of this book from Robert Rose Publishing to facilitate my review. These are my 100% honest opinions.
- Available on Amazon and where books are sold is you will find this Cheesecake cookbook (available with Prime)
- I promise to share a cheesecake that I make from the book as soon as the weather cools down a bit here.
What kind of pan do you make a cheesecake with?
The best tool you can own for making cheesecakes is a springform pan
- New here? Don’t forget to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Desserts on Pinterest
- If you like cheesecake try these Icebox Cake Recipes and No-Bake Desserts
- Strawberry No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes