If you follow me on Pinterest you know I love pinning baking recipes to try, tips and tutorials for anything to do with cupcakes and cakes. I have three different boards full of drool worthy, baking recipes to try! Honestly I should take a class at some point but, now I might not have to after reviewing Sensational Butter Cream Decorating. I’ll just have to open the book and pick projects and styles I’d like to learn or practice. I’ll go into all the details in the book in a minute.
Honestly, I’d bake more if there wasn’t just three of us. I feel like I’ve been putting my baking on the back burner. Now that I have this book I really want to try some new recipes and techniques to share what I’m learning from the book. I can’t wait! You might find yourself wanting to learn too! This is a great skill to have for birthdays, showers, get together s and if you got good enough even weddings!
Sensational ButterCream Decorating
What the baking cookbook covers:
- 50 projects for cakes, mini cakes and cupcakes
- There are six chapters full of details, templates and source guides
The breakdown for this baking cookbook chapters after the introduction;
- Tools and Supplies
- Cake and Icing Recipes
- Decorating Fundamentals
- Step-by-Step Decorating Techniques (full of images!)
- 50 Fabulous Projects
- The Final Touches
Baking Cookbooks: Icing Technique English Garden
- The cookbook covers things like choosing your color palette, mixing color into butter cream to variegating colors. Tips for piping and using your pastry bags. How to clean your pastry bag properly. How to fold a parchment pastry bag if you don’t have a cloth one. Besides the butter cream recipes there are cake recipes! It covers techniques like how to fill a cake that requires a dam.
The cookbooks range is from simple techniques to more advanced designs. English Garden design is just one of the many in the book.
Click to enlarge image and see recipe. Courtesy of Sensational Butter Cream Decorating by Carey Madden, 2014 © www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
What I loved about the baking cookbook it’s really packed with useful information and techniques for anyone wishing to improve their baking skills and butter cream icing skills. The book by Carey Madden covers fail-safe recipes for cakes, cupcakes, icings and fillings. She also includes gluten-free and vegan options.
The book covers Swiss Style butter cream, along with American, French and Italian butter creams.
About The Author;
Carey Madden resides and works in NYC decorating cakes at Two Little Hens Bakery. Her cakes and cupcakes have been featured in Vogue and Mademoiseele.
- I can’t wait to get practicing and improve on my skills in my home. Of course I’ll share what I make soon! This is a spiral bound book making flipping through super easy. The pages seem slightly waxed for easy wiping clean. Subscribe and follow my Pinterest boards to keep up to date of great baking recipes, books and ideas.
- To see more reviews, images (like my favorite Honey Bee Cake), recipe examples, find out more or purchase a book for yourself : Sensational Butter Cream Decorating
Do you enjoy baking? Have you ever tried cake or cupcake decorating?