Dear Creatives, I had the chance to receive the newly reformulated & better than ever Nickelodeon’s Floam & Gak products for Sammie to try out! I wanted to share with you about these products which are perfect for indoor or outdoor play, but let me introduce you to these products before I tell you more, along with sharing some photos of our playtime:
- Gak is a stretchy, squishy compound
- It is easy to use, clean up & store
- Gak can be squeezed, squashed, stretched, twisted, rolled & yes even bubbled for hours of play
- It comes with an air-tight container for staying fresh & reuse.
- Gak is available in red, blue, yellow, green, pink & purple (suggested retail price of $6.99)
- You can check out Gak at :www.gak-is-back.com
- Floam is a reusable molding compound to encourage creative expression. You can use it like clay, but it is little round textured balls that mold together. (you’ll have to see the pic’s to see what I mean.
- You can mold, roll, fold, sculpt & more
- It comes with an air-tight container for easy storage, clean up & reuse
- & you have the option of letting the creation harden overnight to keep the work of art
- Floam is available in red, blue, yellow, green pink & purple (suggested price of $6.99)
- You can check out Floam at : www.floam.com
- Both products have a recommended age of 6+
- Keep out of the reach of Pets & small children
- Gak and Floam are both non-toxic, phthalate, latex and BPA Free and better yet – won’t stain!
Sammie loved both products, but I think she enjoyed the Gak more. She took the Gak & rolled it into a ball, inserting a straw & blowing it into a bubble. It is stretchy, bounce-able, bubbly fun! We played with these on a overcast rainy day & it was perfect for her after-school activity. I can see Gak being the preferred gift for a birthday party from Sammie as she really enjoyed it & loves giving gifts she likes. I liked how you can store both products for reuse & take it out for another rainy day or even for fun outside at a table.
I think using Floam on a kitchen or outdoor table top with a oilcloth table cover would be perfect. My table top is glass & I had an oilcloth, clean up was very easy!
On a side note: I have to agree that the products are not for small children and to keep away from pets. Both products are washable & non toxic, but do have warnings to keep away from face, hair & eyes (to use running warm water if problem occurs to dissolve)
The products also have a caution to avoid prolonged contact with fabric & carpeting, but common sense would have you using Floam at a table & with Gak since the kids can take it around more maybe just let them know where they can play with it. Sammie is almost 10yr old & so I didn’t have any problems at all.
Honestly, either Gak or Floam would be a super gift for girls & boys of the right age providing plenty of fun play & tactile exploration. Check out the links to see video’s of the products in action!
Have your kids tried Gak or Floam yet?