Today I have a round-up of hamburger recipes, along with one burger recipe that I tried from Meal Plan Monday number 3. There are so many great burger recipes to try. I am going to share this grilled burger recipe that was super easy and turned out great.
I am also sharing a few other Hamburger recipes that I have rounded up. These grilling recipes have me ready to wipe down the grill to get barbecuing! Are you ready to get grilling??
This recipe is perfect for your upcoming spring and summer barbecues or just cook it on the stove top, or indoor grill like I did during unseasonable weather. I love a good hamburger occasionally. Do you? If so you’ll love this recipe and any of the other hamburger recipes I rounded up. Oh, lets not forget some barbecue sauces too.
All American Hamburgers
Turns out well on stove top during unseasonable weather or use an indoor grill. Make sure to cook on medium heat do not flatten beef pattie when cooking. Cook as above until internal heat reaches at least 160*
Yield: 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and onion, cooked bacon, ketchup and mustard, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with two triangles of American cheese and one triangle of Swiss cheese. Serve on buns with the lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup and mustard if desired.
Originally published as All-American Hamburgers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p207
All I can say is grilling season can’t get here quick enough for me! Whether you cook a traditional beef burger or prefer other choices such as ground turkey or vegetarian burgers; if you are want to amp up your skills you might like Food Networks Grilling Central
This recipe was off of Meal Plan #3 that I had wanted to try it for a while. If you’d like to see all the recipes just search Meal Plan Monday or head to our recipe index pages. We finally updated our old photos, we hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
Here is a list of burger recipes I’d love to try this spring and summer:
What is your favorite hamburger? Do you barbecue year round?
- Don’t forget to subscribe, bonus you get a free printable recipe binder!
- Grilled Stuffed Jalapeno Burger Recipe
Grilling Supplies you may need for grilling up your favorite All American Burger Recipes: