Are you looking for a fun, and easy craft idea for Valentine’s Day? We have a quick, and easy Valentine’s Day Home Décor DIY for you. Transform a simple photo frame into our Valentine’s Day Décor idea. We love Home Decor DIY projects. Don’t you?
You might have some of the supplies for this project laying around if you do paper-crafts or crafting. Which makes this Valentine’s Day Craft idea very affordable.
Valentine’s Day Frame Decor DIY
You will paint a wood or faux wood frame, attach string like a clothesline to the back of the frame, and hang hearts for this easy craft home decor project.
Home decor DIY
Valentine Clothesline Heart Photo Frame Decor
Supply list for Valentine’s Heart Picture Frame Decor
- You can use a picture frame you have, and Upcycle your picture frame. Or purchase a new Picture frame
- Jute twine
- Card-stock with various designs
- Mini clothespins in red, white or Mini clothespins in red glitter
- Chalk paint
- Hot glue gun, and glue sticks
Instructions for how to assemble Heart Frame Decor:
- Begin by painting your photo frame with a layer of chalk paint in your choice of colors. We used a pink color. You can use other types of paint you might have on hand, but chalk paint requires only one coat, dries quickly and gives a matte finish.
- While the frame is drying, cut out heart shapes from various pieces of card-stock paper. Cut out one heart to use as a template so that all of your hearts are roughly the same size.
- Once the frame has dried, turn it over and use hot glue to attach strings of jute twine at a slight angle at three different points across the frame. Be sure to leave enough space so that your hearts can hang freely without touching the other lines when suspended by the mini clothespins. You can view the photo for reference on how to space your lines.
- Space out the hearts and hang them from the lines with mini clothespins. You can stagger them and turn them any way you like until you get the desired effect.
We hope you enjoy this easy Valentine’s Day Craft project. You can hang the cut out hearts, or choose to hang photos instead. This fun, and easy craft idea can be added to your mantle, bookshelf, or side table for your seasonal holiday decor.
- Make this Valentine Craft later? Pin it for Later.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe.
Want free printables for Valentine’s Day? Free Printables
Looking for more Valentine’s Day Ideas?
- Valentine’s Day Free Printables & Craft Round-up
- Be Mine Mini Chalkboard Valentine’s Day DIY
- 10 Easy Valentine’s to DIY
- Our free printable Valentine’s Day Cards
- Valentine’s Day Salt Dough Craft
Do you enjoy crafting, and decorating for Valentine’s Day?
Looking for pretty card stock paper?