I got a jump on my Valentine’s Day crafts and made new chalkboard art. I made Valentine’s Day Chalkboard Art, giving it a vibe of chalkboard art for spring too with little flowers. I also decorated my entryway for Valentine’s Day complimenting it with my dollar section Target finds.
If you are looking for other ideas to make see all our Valentine’s Day Ideas.
Valentine’s Day Chalkboard Art
Since Sammie was on vacation we put away Christmas, started deep cleaning her room (as she is college-bound this summer) and began purging, cleaning the craft room. More to come about that. Including a free printable checklist for you. I also decided to make a new chalkboard sign and decorate for Valentine’s Day.
Not the craft you are looking for? See all our Valentine’s Day Crafts
Any time I make a new sign I have to wipe away the old one. It’s nice to take a photo of it to remember what I made. You can see my Thanksgiving chalkboard over on Instagram. I almost wanted to tuck it away, purchase a new chalkboard and not erase it.
But, I didn’t. I erased it to make this one, which I made a bit more quickly but, I am enjoying it displayed in my home. This is my sign after cleaning it up a little, although it looks better in my home. The camera is picking up everything in the light I didn’t erase.
If you don’t know I love my coffee! You can see all my coffee posts under lifestyle. My daughter said I should have written I love me a latte! Ha, ha my favorite is a soy latte with chocolate and cinnamon sprinkles in case you want to know. I also like using these syrup flavors when I make lattes at home. What’s your favorite?
The photo shows details close up.
- Affiliate links are included in this post at no cost to you, for more information see our full disclosure
How to Use Chalk Markers?
Chalkboard Art Tips
- Get a good set of Chalk Markers, even if starting out it makes all the difference in being successful in making signs and designs. I have two favorites this set of Chalk Ink Markers and this set of Chalk Markers from Chalkola which is what I am currently using.
- Have dustless chalk and (colored chalk is optional)on hand or a chalk pencil for sketching the design. This helps with layout, having enough space for all the lettering and the design.
- Make sure to have Q-Tips for cleaning up fine line mistakes (do this by dampening the tip and keep the opposite side dry).
- Also, have a towel or paper towels on hand.
- How to erase chalk markers? I have found wet wipes work well for cleaning unwanted big mistakes off the chalkboard and also for clearing off old designs to begin new chalk art. Or you can purchase a chalkboard spray and eraser kit.
- Sometimes I love leaving the smudges are part of the artwork, for interest. You can make your sign as clean or elaborate as you like!
- Practice hand lettering and layout. The more you do it the better you get.
- Don’t worry about perfection. Seriously, I would never make anything if I did!
- Try using stencils for making your design.
- Watch YouTube Videos to learn techniques – like this is a beginning chalk marker tutorial or this tutorial 10 chalk marker effects anyone can do.
- For more tips see all our chalkboard art.
Where to buy chalk markers?
Our favorite chalkboard art supplies come from Chalkola. There is an option for new customers to get 10% extra off your order. You can also purchase chalk markers on Amazon or check your local arts and craft stores.
For this sign, I left a little bit of chalk smudge around for the coffee steam affects.
LOVE YOU A LATTE
Valentine’s Day Decorations
Simple ways to decorate for Valentine’s Day
This is how I am decorating for Valentine’s Day. I have added my Valentine’s Day decorations in my entryway. I used my coffee cart as the table to display it on. You might remember when I did this furniture makeover? Vanity to Coffee Cart DIY I have this ugly half pillar, room divider thing (I want to remove it next time we do the floors) as you enter the room. I love hiding it by putting decor displays there.
- At Target’s Dollar Spot purchased Valentine’s Day confetti in mini jars, Valentine’s Day Plates, the cake stand with hearts, heart tea towel, and xoxo spatula. But, Sammie made me put back Valentine’s day coffee/latte cups. Keeping me on budget, ha! Now I regret it. Maybe I’ll go back to see if they still have them.
- I had the cupcake stand and my daughter gave me a pretty scented candle.
- Of course, I added our new DIY chalkboard sign!
- Then, I grabbed this adorable hearts table runner for the top of my piano. I might grab this heart banner to go with it. Even though I can make my own I love how they would match.
New here? Be sure to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Follow us on Instagram
- Valentine’s Day Pinterest
- Chalkboard Art Pinterest
- Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Chalkboard Art
Looking for Valentine’s Day Ideas To Make?
Make a quick and easy Valentine’s Day Wreath!
- See all our Valentine’s Day Ideas.