Are you looking for a mason jar craft for fall? You can use this idea as a gift in a jar or for a fall decoration in your home. I love easy ideas like this Thanksgiving mason jar craft.
With a few supplies and our free printable jar labels, you can put this craft idea and our mason jar crafts together in no time flat. When you are done you can use it as a homemade gift idea, hostess gift idea or for your own home decor. When you want the house to smell pretty open the jar lid to allow the scent into the air.
Mason Jar Craft for Fall
Fall to me is all about reflecting on what to be thankful for, and I am thankful for my family and you, my readers. It only makes sense that the free printables say, “Thankful” and “Thankful For You”
You can use these printables for this project or any of your own ideas or hostess gifts…
I hope you enjoy making this fall mason jar craft, giving or using them, and smelling the scented jars.
Thanksgiving Mason Jar Craft
- 1 large mason jar with lid and ring (clear harvest mason jar -as shown in the project)(golden harvest mason jar) (amber golden harvest mason jar)
What’s nice about the harvest design is that it suits the fall season and has a ‘Vintage Fruit Design’ on one side. You can also use the smaller, pint-size jars
- Cinnamon scented pinecones (or) pumpkin potpourri or another scented potpourri (below I have a link to how to make stove-top potpourri)
- Wired Ribbon or as shown (Fall Wired Ribbon With Autumn Leaves)
- Free Printable Mason Jar Labels for Fall
- Quality White Computer Paper or White Cardstock
How to make a gift in a jar
- Gather your supplies and tools.
Mason jars, wired ribbon, and scented pinecones or potpourri. If you want to make your own potpourri see our DIY Stove Top Potpourri tutorial with instructions.
- Determine how many you will make.
- Add your scented pinecones or potpourri to your jar.
- Print the labels. (if you see a black line on print preview it will not show when printing) It prints 6 labels at one time on a standard 8.5 x 11-inch paper/cardstock (letter size).
- Cut out the labels in a circle. First, by tracing a circle around the label to be cut out.
I did this by using a pencil and the lid to make the circle on the design prior to cutting it. You can do this on the front or back but, either way, make your pencil markings as light as possible.
- Then cut the label out, erase any pencil lines prior to inserting it into the lid.
- Add the printable to the top of the lid, (if you are writing a note or name do this before you place the ring on) and place the lid ring over it.
- Secure the lid onto the jar.
- Wrap the jar with the wired ribbon
- Create the bow
- Cut off excess and cut the ends at a diagonal
- If you want you can glue the edges to keep them from fraying (with Fray check) or position a tiny bit of the edge to the back and glue it.
- Now, you are done with your fall mason jar.
- Either give the filled mason jar with potpourri to someone or use it for decor in your home.
When you want your home to smell pretty open the jar and let the scent flow into the room!
Thanksgiving Mason Jar Craft
Handmade gift ideas
- DIY Stove Top Potpourriwith free printable mason jar labels and instructions for how to make homemade potpourri.