Finally fall is here with it’s warm, comfortable days, cool mornings and evenings. I can really start focusing on getting some diys, crafting done, along with trying new recipes. My list is full bursting at the seams with projects that a hot summer denied me. Fall is my favorite time of year! Blue jeans, light sweaters, crafting, sewing and baking. Today I’d thought I’d share a Behind the Blog post about all things fall that caught my eye that fits with all my loves.
I just finished little Audrey’s Halloween costume. She’s going to be Mary from Little House on the Prairie. I sewed up the costume from a vintage pattern. I can’t wait to edit the photos and share them really soon!
It’s about a two day project. I did alter a few things and will share that later but, if your looking for a Halloween pattern I used this Little House on the Pairie Costume Pattern
Here is my om age to fall with all it’s colorful givings and glory.
- Have a few friends over brew up some tea or coffee, serve up some Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- Make a Simple but, pretty fall wreath with this Fall Wreath DIY
- I’m in love with these two recipes for apples on a stick : Salted Caramel Apples or Poison Toffee Candy Apples
- Couldn’t help but, check out Secrets of Gluten Free Baking
- I can’t help but, fall in love with this knitted cardigan pattern I love how she made it in mustard
- Fall = Felt Projects free leaf template for Split Stitched Felt Leaves
- This fall I’m setting working hours! If you work from home you might like these tips I got from this article
- I really enjoyed this free Creative Live class that is available again! You can check it out and register for it here Write a Creative Successful Blog with April Bowles
- Halloween DIY Masks free video class
Remember the post where I created and shared the mini back to school notebook / journals ? Well I created this little back to school banner with my Cricut Explore and had sent it to Audrey. I meant to share it sooner. Now I’m ready to make some things with pumpkins, the cupcake toppers I spotted or maybe Thanksgiving projects. Just a quick pic of Sammie holding it for me. I know you usually say reading and writing, but this was more of a play on words, right back to school. In the banner it starts with an apple, apple cut out and then the middle three shown here. I added all the mini journals, some school supplies and the banner and sent them via snail mail to the grand kids.
- It’s almost time to think about putting a spin on this velvet pumpkin diy that can take your fall decor from Halloween straight through fall.
- I’m loving this pumpkin DIY Mason Jar Tutorial from The 36th Ave
- When I entertain this fall I want simple but, elegant place settings like this one from Style Me Pretty that I can slip into my Burlap Utensil Holders
- I’ve been art journaling again. I can’t wait to share more of my pages. What I love about it is you can pick it up and work for short bits of time.
- I spotted a Halloween Cupcake Topper Tutorial
- This is the perfect time of year to take a marketing class like Marketing for Crafters: Successfully Sell Your Handmade Goods
I can’t believe we’ve had hot weather up until now! Finally we are back down to the low 80’s or low 75* Which means it’s time to gather up and try some baking recipes I’ve pinned! The last goodie I baked was this Apple Cake recipe. Finally leaves are turning colors and falling. Below I captured this leaf falling and created a gif from a few of the photos.
What do you love about fall? What is your favorite time of year?