Are you looking for an easy salad to make? This Asian Chicken Salad is out of the bag quick! Delicious and all the flavors you’d expect in an Asian salad.
Are looking for something else to make for dinner? You might like to try our easy chicken recipes.
Sometimes I like taking shortcuts when I’m cooking for the family. When it’s hot out, when I’m busy or when we’ve been out at the beach all day, or if we have been working and when I have all the grandkids over… You get it.
When do you like quick and easy dinners?
Quick Asian Chicken Salad
This easy salad with chicken can be made in under 30 minutes! It is a quick dinner that can be made any time of the year! It’s always a winner in our house. The Asian-inspired salad is so easy to make for dinner.
We eat a lot of salads, especially in the summer. Along with other meals that don’t heat up the kitchen. If you are like us, I think you will enjoy this quick and easy salad.
The post content may contain affiliate links. By clicking on these links and then purchasing something through them we earn a small commission, at no added cost to you.
How To Make Asian Chicken Salad
- Asian Inspired Chopped Salad Kit or a Coleslaw Mix
- 1 cup of Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 a sliced red onion
- 3-4 minced green onions
- Cooked Chicken (The chicken is optional if you are vegetarian just omit the chicken)
- Wonton Strips and sliced almonds add them! You will love the crunch. (Some brands like Taylor Farms have them in the packaged salads.)
- Homemade or a store-bought dressing (like this Annie’s Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette salad dressing. It’s organic and non-GMO…)
For the Asian salad – You can use pre-cooked chicken from leftovers you have, a rotisserie chicken, make it fresh, use grilled chicken or omit the chicken.
If you are meal planning – You could cook Easy Perfectly Oven Roasted Chicken Or Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot the day before and then add the leftover chicken to this recipe. Which will give you at least two meals! I just grabbed this (recipe organizer) to add all my favorite recipes into. I use this in addition to our printable recipe binder.
If you are adding chicken. Cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cook them on the stove until they reach an internal temperature of 165 F. which I test with a meat thermometer. Set to the side, let cool, and slice the chicken meat.
I keep the spices simple when cooking the chicken. Use just a little garlic powder salt and pepper sprinkled on each side.
- Open the cabbage salad bag and add it to a bowl.
- Add shredded carrots (that you shred or from a bag).
- Slice up the red onion.
- Wash and mince green onions
- Mix together and add the homemade salad dressing (I have a recipe for it below). Or if your salad bag comes with dressing you can use that.
- If adding chicken, top the mixed salad or mix the cooked chicken into the prepared salad.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Homemade Asian (inspired) Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey (I like floral honey and wild sweet orange honey for this. But, any good honey will do.)
- 2-3 cloves Crushed fresh Garlic Cloves
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- Dash of salt and pepper
Garlic Ginger Salad Dressing
- Measure the olive oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce into a bowl.
- Then, measure and add the honey and add it in with the oil and vinegar.
- Peel and crush 2-3 cloves of garlic and add it to the mixture.
- Next, peel and chop the fresh ginger. I then crushed it through the garlic press.
- Mix the ingredients all together.
- Add it to your salad before serving or on each serving separately.
If you don’t have garlic cloves you can substitute with garlic powder or garlic salt to your taste. And you can use ginger powder if you don’t have fresh ginger. Do this to your taste also. You will need just a little of each.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe. Grab our bonus printable recipe binder, cooking resources, and never miss a post with our newsletter!
- Don’t forget to Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon
Not making the salad today? Pin it for later.