Are you ready for summer? I feel like I’m not quite ready, so I made a summer wish list. I got an unexpected call to host the grandkids for a week. And it’s been going pretty well. But, there are a few things I could use for summer for myself and to entertain the kids with. Maybe these ideas for summer will help you too.
From fashion finds to summer favorites here’s our list of must-haves for summer.
Summer Wish List
These items are perfect for casual summer days, traveling, and packing up for the pool or beach!
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
- A new swimsuit. Yep, I headed to the beach in my Target jogging shorts and a t-shirt. It’s ok we had just as much fun but, a soaked pair of shorts don’t dry as well. Watch out for Target’s bathing suit sale! Save 20% on women’s swimsuits for Target Deal Days! Valid 6/21 – 6/22
- A beach coverup for after swimming or at the beach. Pop over to find more.
- Swim floats for the pool and boogie boards for the beach, tubes for the lake… See our favorite water floats, boards…here.
- Beach towels! Like these Turkish Beach towels or these microfiber quick-drying beach towels, It’s so much easier if everyone has their own and a beach blanket these are easy to lay on, fold up and to carry!
- Summer sandals for the beach! These are waterproof, lightweight, and comfortable enough to hike in.
- Graphic T-shirts because when you are entertaining kids, cleaning after them, or heading to the beach or pool you are sure to change a few times a day.
Summer Kids Activities
Add some fun to the day with these kids’ summer activities! Parents and grandparents. These summer toys and activities will keep the kids busy and happy this summer. Perfect for planning summer visits with kids, and for summer boredom busters.
- Sidewalk chalk for summer mornings, playing in the shade or in the evening.
- Water toys – such as unicorn sprinklers, water balloons, splash pad sprinklers (ages 3-10), fishing toy pool games for kids (ages 3-6), water blasters, water guns for kids or teens, and …
- Hula hoops and jump ropes help get their energy out!
- These summer ice cream kitchen items can be helpful to have on hand. I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream and smoothies to cool us down!
- The Kids’ Everything Puzzle Book; Mazes, Puzzles, Words Games, and more!
- Go fly kites! They are fun for windy days, taking to the park or taking them to the beach.
And if you are getting your backyard space spruced up take advantage of this sale at Target on outdoor items – Save up to 40% on outdoor furniture, rugs & patio accessories! Valid 6/20 – 6/22
On their next visit, I will be more prepared mostly because it will be a planned visit. But, we did have fun mornings at the park playground, trips to the beach, swimming in the spa.
What have you been doing with the kids this summer? What is on your summer wish list?
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe.
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon
- Find more fashions under lifestyle.
- Looking for summer activities for kids? Here’s where to find our DIY summer camp and summer craft ideas.
- Stay tuned for more fashion and lifestyle posts!