Fall is one of my favorite seasons to spruce up my home décor adding more colors and textures to our home. It is kind of like nesting before winter and the holidays. Decluttering, organizing after a summer house full of kids running in/out, then settling down to decorate. Today I’ve created a round up of handmade fall décor and handmade fall décor crafts for you. Are you in the camp of shop, grab and decorate or grab your supplies diy then decorate?
I have to admit I’m a little of both. Although I love to diy my own handmade fall décor I love seeing what others are making. I enjoy grabbing a few purchases each year updating our décor. On the flip side today I’ve gotten out my floral supplies and made two fall wreaths. I can’t wait to edit photos and share those fall décor diys with you.
Although summer is giving it one last push of heat where we live, everywhere I go I see orange, red and yellow. I was at Michaels Crafts grabbing a few supplies. Our local store has lots of pretty home décor pieces. I had to stop myself from getting things. I could of easily stocked up my cart. Does that happen to you when shopping there?
Handmade Fall Décor
I was also trend spotting for fall on Etsy. The artisans and crafters selling on there always amaze me. These are a few fall picks that caught my eye that could make easy additions to any apartment or home updating it for fall.
Handmade Fall Décor
Easy Ideas for Updating Your home
- Whether for your porch or on a table I love painted mason jars. I’ve made a few myself but, loved the colors of these jars along with the vintage – distressed look. Adding seasonal flowers, dried flowers or silk with all the colors and textures of autumn can’t help but, make you smile.
- Updating pillows can be such an easy way to change the look of your home décor. Perfect for living rooms, family rooms or an office.
- Pretty throws set on the back of a couch are not only pretty but, so cozy to grab to cover up with when your cold.
- Anything dual purpose is a win/win in my book, such as the reversible wood blocks above. There are lots of handmade wood fall blocks to pick from. I love them for my wide window sills and mantel. What about you?
- When I saw the apple picking sign I immediately thought of my daughter Jen who has an apple tree in her yard that produced like crazy this year! Just wish I was closer to help her with preserving, pie making…But, there are lots of fall signs to pick from that I love and you might too.
- Fall + Felt, Fall + Grapevines, Fall + Flowers = Pretty wreaths. They were all so pretty. Is your porch covered enough to have one outdoors? Typically I prefer to hang them indoors to enjoy. But, then I feel a bit selfish. I want to share autumns colors. What about you?
When you think of handmade fall décor what is your favorite way to update your home?
Be sure to subscribe to Dear Creatives to see my upcoming handmade fall décor tutorials, recipes and more!
How do you update your home for fall?