Hi there, Are you ready to make bath bombs? We are sharing our DIY bath bombs. It is for Lavender Bath Bombs. One thing I love is having spa days. Do you? We also enjoy making and sharing our DIY beauty recipes. Along with the bath bomb recipe we are sharing how to make bath bombs.
DIY Bath Bombs
The recipe is so luscious it’s for lavender bergamot bath bombs-fizzles. If you don’t want the bergamot just leave it out and increase the lavender for the lavender bath bomb recipe. We hope you enjoy making them as much as we do. They are really quite easy to make and make great homemade gifts for showers, Mother’s Day and birthdays, besides making them for in home spa days.
Tips for making bath bombs
The thing to remember is the recipe might take a little adjusting depending on the amounts your making and size of your molds. You need to get the bath balm recipe mixed into a consistency of almost wet sand. This honestly might be the biggest trick to how to get a good bath bomb. It needs to be damp enough to mold, yet dry enough and barely be wet. Not, dry sand and not fully wet sand. I share images of the consistency, hopefully that will help, along with following this bath bomb recipe recipe.
You’ll see when you mix it up. Once you see the consistency needed to get a great mold you’ll see that it’s really easy to make these bath fizzes. I wish this image shows how much this gold mica shimmers it’s amazing!
Bath Bomb Recipe
Ingredient’s you’ll need for making bath bombs
- Baking soda
- Corn Starch
- Epsom salts
- Coconut oil
- Lavender essential oils (artnaturals)
- Bergamot essential oils
- Mica Lavender
- Flashing Gold Mica
Other supplies you’ll need for making bath bombs
- bath balm molds or bath balm molds
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon or spatula
- small bowl (for water and essential oils)
- eye dropper
- gloves (to keep the balms bacteria free)
- sheet pan
- gift bags with twist ties
How to make bath bombs
- Set out all your tools and ingredients on a counter space or table wiped clean with Clorox or other bleach wipes. Make sure your tools are clean and sterilized.
- Add in all your dry ingredients into your large mixing bowl
- Next add in your lavender mica powder (reserve gold for later)
- Add a little water about 1 tablespoon to a small bowl and drop in your essential oils 5 drops each
- Add in your coconut oil
- Mix together and add them all your to your dry ingredients in your large mixing bowl
- Stir until well mixed.
- (optional in half the mold add a little bit of gold mica spread it around)
- Add your mixed bath bomb mixture into your molds, close it shut. Then wipe of excess.
- Twist mold slightly then;
- Un-mold carefully and set on a sheet pan to dry for 24 hours
- Wrap into your gift packaging
The recipe for lavender bath bombs
- 6 tablespoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons corn starch
- 6 tablespoons Epsom salt
- 1/2 tsp. lavender mica powder
- (reserve for last step and do not include into the mixture gold mica powder)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 5 drops lavender
- 5 drops bergamot
- 1 tablespoon water
Optionally add inside the mold a little gold mica for each one you would like topped with gold. Follow the steps in the directions for how to add them.
- Be sure to subscribe for all our posts and newsletters. Then be sure to add us to your inbox.
- See all our DIY beauty recipes
- If you liked today’s post you also might like this post 17 DIY Bath Bomb Recipes