Are you looking for an easy, yet delicious recipe? This lemon baked chicken is so easy to make, then bake in the oven. It turns out delicious. The bonus is you can serve the baked chicken breasts with any side dish you like.
This is a low ingredient dinner idea, that will get dinner on the table fast and anyone can make this! Looking for another dinner idea? Check out our other easy chicken recipes.
Baked Lemon Chicken
What to side dishes go with lemon chicken?
We have served this chicken dinner paired with side dishes such as rice, potatoes, pasta, salad, and green vegetables such as asparagus, green beans, broccoli, and artichokes. Put your own spin on this easy lemon chicken. If you are having trouble getting fresh vegetables to serve it with use canned or frozen vegetables…
Make this baked lemon chicken recipe with a few or as many chicken breasts that you need. Just cook them single layered following the instructions below.
If you have a whole chicken to cook you might like either of these recipes
- Easy perfectly cooked every time, this oven-roasted chicken (with lemon)
How long do you cook chicken breasts?
- Cook them until the chicken reaches the minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees
- source for safe minimum cooking temperatures
How To Make Baked Lemon Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Boneless skinless chicken breasts are what we used. You can use bone-in adjust bake time accordingly) Get and make as many chicken breasts as you need. But, be sure to layer them single on the sheet pan or in the baking dish when baking them.
- 1-2 Lemons (or bottled real lemon juice)
- Olive Oil or Non-Stick Olive Oil Spray
- Italian Spices
- Garlic Powder
You can bake chicken on a sheet pan or a baking dish. In a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Or until the proper internal temperature is reached. Use a Meat Thermometer to check the chicken for reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Cover your sheet pan with aluminum foil. This step is optional. But, sure makes clean up easy!
- Next, slice the lemon in half. Use half to drizzle onto the chicken (prior to adding herbs) and the other half sliced to layer lemon slices on or next to the chicken.
- Place your chicken on your sheet pan or baking dish that has been presprayed with a non-stick coating or drizzled with olive oil.
- Layer the chicken in a single layer, to allow for proper cooking and temperature to be reached.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice, drizzling right over the chicken breasts.
- Next, add garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian herbs onto each chicken breast.
- Place the tray or baking dish with the chicken breasts into the preheated oven and bake until fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking cook your side dishes of rice and vegetables.
- Use a meat thermometer to check that your chicken has been fully cooked and reached the proper internal temperature for chicken. Do not overcook the meat or it will dry out!
- If you want the chicken to brown on the top turn up the oven and broil it for a few minutes.
- Can you make more than 4 chicken breasts? Yes! Just layer them side by side. And get an extra lemon or two.
- In the video is another way to cook the baked lemon chicken but, first by marinating it.
- Do I need to measure my spices? No, not really you can sprinkle each onto the chicken breasts as desired. I use a light hand when sprinkling the spices and just a dash of salt on each breast.
- If you are worried that you will get too much on your chicken measure out a teaspoon’s worth, put it into your hands and sprinkle it over the chicken. If you need more repeat the process. Do this for all the spices except the salt.
- If you prefer your Italian spices crushed you can add them to your hand, and rub your two hands together and then sprinkle them onto your chicken!
- Don’t have a fresh lemon use bottled lemon juice or lemon pepper!
- If you don’t have garlic powder, garlic salt or jarred minced garlic and even minced fresh garlic will work.
Hurray for quick, easy dinner ideas and 30-minute meals. Don’t forget to print or pin the recipe so you can make it when you are ready.
Making this baked lemon herb chicken now? Need a side dish to go with it?
You might like to serve it with this Beet Tomato-Cucumber Salad. Just pre-cook the beets before starting dinner. Or omit the beets and make it a tomato-cucumber salad. There is a simple homemade dressing recipe on the same post. Or just open up a salad bag, add you’re cooked slightly cooled chicken to it and call it a day! Add more lemon or your favorite salad dressing.
Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe
Do you enjoy chicken for dinner?
- New here? Be sure to subscribe (You get a bonus free printable recipe binder, with inventory lists, conversion charts…)
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Easy Chicken Recipes Pinterest
- Easy Dinners Pinterest
- Easy Chicken Dinners