Today I’m sharing an easy recipe for Pineapple Mango Salsa you can make, along with the cookbook review of 150 Best Dips & Salsas. Spring and summer are kicking in with it’s warming weather. Open-air dining and entertaining always call for good appetizers. Don’t get stuck on one or two of the same appetizer recipes.
We love salsas! Do you? We also love good appetizer recipes. There is no doubt with a big family that is always having gatherings that we’ll be using this cookbook many times. The cookbook also includes recipes for chips, flatbreads and more. I have to admit I might not use the section for flatbreads as much as the other sections of the cookbook. But, we love chips and dips! Raise your hands if you do too!
150 Best Dips & Salsas Cookbook
Dips & Appetizers Cookbook Contents
The sections of the cookbook are packed full of recipes as follows:
- Vegetables, dips, and spreads
- Dairy dips & spreads
- Fish, seafood, meat dips, and spreads
- Savory salsas
- Fruit salsas
- Bean dips, spreads, and salsas
- Chips, crostini, flatbreads, and other dippers
Dips and Appetizers Cookbook Overview
What I really loved about this dips and appetizer cookbook is that it is packed full of a variety of recipes. 182 pages of them! There is not an image for each recipe or any step by step images but, the images that are in the book are very lovely mouth-watering images.
There are tips for the recipes to the left. With the recipes, there may be notes to variations of the recipe. All the ingredient’s amounts needed and directions are clearly stated. You will find this easy to follow along to make the recipes.
Many of the recipes call for a food processor. If your a home cook most of us have this kitchen tool. If you don’t but, have a newer blender with attachments you probably can be just as successful creating the recipes. But, I would recommend a food processor!
Each recipe will vary with prep times, if you chill prior to serving or if you serve it hot. The recipe will also state how long you can store the various appetizer or dips in the refrigerator.
150 Best Dips & Salsas Cookbook
Appetizer recipes – Our thoughts
I really enjoyed this cookbook overall. The recipe range seems like there will be something for every home cook when entertaining. Recipes from the standard Hummus, Red Bell Hummus to a unique Smoked Oyster Hummus (this is one I wouldn’t make, but you might like it). I’ve bookmarked quite a few to try soon, such as the Portabello Mushroom Feta Cheese Salsa to the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Spread.
About The Cookbook Author
The authors of the cookbook are Judith Finlayson who is the best selling author with a life long love of food and passion for cooking. And Jordan Wagman was nominated as a “Rising Star in North America” by the James Beard Foundation.
What’s great about this cookbook is most all the recipes are made with fresh ingredients and the recipes are simple. Most of the recipes can be prepared ahead of time. The perfect beginning to any meal will be these dips and appetizers in the 150 Best Dips & Salsas Cookbook!
Pineapple Mango Salsa
Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe
- I received a copy of the book for review purposes from Robert Rose Publishing, these are my 100% honest opinions.
- To find out more or purchase the cookbook go here ( 150 Best Dips & Salsas )
Do you have a favorite appetizer dips for entertaining?
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe grab our Printable Recipe Binder (our gift to you) and never miss out!
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Appetizer Recipes Pinterest
- Find more of our appetizer recipes…(here)
Related Articles and Cookbook Reviews
- Martinas Kitchen Mix Cookbook Review
- The Southern Living Party Cookbook Review
- 100% Real Cookbook Review
- Everyday Vegetarian Cookbook Review
- Preservation Society Cookbook Review
- Dare To Bake Cookbook Review
- The Cheesecake Bible Cookbook Review
- Sensational Buttercream Baking Cookbook Review
- Patsy’s Italian Family Cookbook
- 125 Casseroles and One-Pot Meals Cookbook
- 125 Vegan Recipes Cookbook
- 125 Best Chicken Recipes Cookbook