I just love woodland themes. I enjoy it for all seasons but, especially for winter. Since I’ve been making place cards for our Thanksgiving I decided to also make some up for another winter gathering. I might just have our holidays be a woodland theme this year. One of the things that makes paper-crafting so fun for me is using my Cricut die cutting machine for my crafting. It’s so easy to pull out and use. If you have a craft room you can just set it up to be used again and again! It’s perfect for cutting many items at a time.
Let me share these paper-crafted woodland place cards with you.
- Affiliate Links are in this post I only share companies and products I love and use which I think my readers may also find of value.
I also made a woodland banner with my Cricut but, I’ll have to share that on another day. For these little place cards I used a faux wood card stock and a fall woodland paper that looks like it has acorns on the design. The papers came in a paper pack from Michaels Crafts called Harvest Delight by Recollections.
As you can see I did two opposites with the paper designs. There are six of each kind.
- I used Cricut’s Design Studio to size designs
- I then cut them with my Cricut
- I folded the card at mid point mark
- Use a bone folder to create a smooth crease
- Then used a extra strong clear drying glue stick to bond the folded place card & squirrel together
- Supply list below
& then here’s the backs. Leaving a spot for names on the tails or add an additional plain paper can be placed onto the back of the card for names if you wanted.
The insides of the place cards are blank too. These squirrels are ready for a gathering! How about you?
No matter which one you’d pick they would be a sweet addition to any table setting. For now or anytime during the holidays. Imagine a place setting with these all around. A lovely floral bouquet with branches, maybe some cut out wood trivets & a few ceramic or twig woodland creatures set about the table. Like the ones you’ve seen at Pier 1 Imports. & if you want to learn how to make the silver ware holders (shown in image) just visit this post for the tutorial: Burlap Utensil Holder Diy
Supplies used to make these Woodland Place Cards:
- Affiliate offers and post brought to you by Cricut a small commission will be earned from your purchase if you decide to buy through these links at no charge to you!
- Cricut Die Cut Machines
- Cricut Craft Room Design Studio (free download for online software)
- Cricut Cartridge (for squirrels) Winter Woodland Cartridge
- Cricut Cartridge Plantin Schoolbook & also found in many other cartridges! (for place card)
- Bone Folder
- Harvest Delight Card Stock By Recollections 12 x 12 Sheets
- Glue Stick (clear drying, extra strong)
- Don’t forget to subscribe here to keep up to date with all the crafts, cooking & …
Do you own a Cricut? What types of paper-crafting do you enjoy?