Small Batch M&M’s Cookies Recipe – Do you want to make yummy cookies but not a full batch? Make this half-batch of M&M’s Cookies for your spring or Easter celebrations, and even use this for cookies for Mother’s Day.
Honestly, you can make and bake this recipe any time by swapping out the colors of the M&M’s. Looking for something else to bake? See all our cookies recipes.
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
Small Batch M&M’s Cookies Recipe
This is an easy small batch cookies recipe to make from scratch. Mix the dough by hand or with an electric mixer. Add the M&M’s and mix them in by hand, then scoop the dough onto the lined cookie sheet. Bake, cool, and enjoy!
Half-Batch M&M’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 tablespoons of Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons of (light brown or golden brown) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup to 1-1/2 cup mm’s (Purchase them here- spring M&M’s or other colored m&m’s.)
Recipe variations – I used 1 cup but if you want more yummy M&M’s add a half cup more! You can add a small amount of chopped nuts or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mix if you want!
Helpful baking supplies you will need for making cookies
Get out two mixing bowls and a small bowl to crack the egg in. You will need a mixing spoon or baking spatula. It’s nice to own a cookie scoop for making the same size cookies.
Other helpful baking tools you can use for the recipe are a hand mixer and a whisk. Use Silpat or parchment paper for preparing the baking sheets for baking the cookies.
This is the hand mixer I own. And this is the hand mixer I bought Sammie for her first apartment. You can shop and follow us for all our favorite baking tools here!
How to make a small batch of m&m’s cookies
NOTE: Make sure to soften the butter before you begin making the cookies and take the egg out at the same time.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Add parchment paper or silpats to the baking sheet(s) and set them to the side.
- Measure the sugar, and brown sugar, and add them into a large mixing bowl. Unwrap and add the butter. Cream the mixture until it’s creamy. Do this by hand or with a handheld mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract to the creamed sugars mixture. Crack an egg into a small bowl or ramekin (to make sure it’s not spoiled) and add it to the mixture. Stir until combined.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium-sized bowl. Slowly, use a whisk or fork to combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly, add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. (creamy sugar mixture) And stir to combine. Repeat the process. Keep doing this until all the flour is mixed in.
- Add the M&M’s into the bowl and fold them in by hand with a baking spoon or baking spatula.
- When everything is combined, scoop the cookie dough onto a prepared (lined) baking sheet. Add the unbaked cookies on the baking sheet into the oven to bake until they are done. (Bake Time is about 9-12 minutes depending on the size of the cookies). Bake until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool before transferring them. Once cooled transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. Add the cookies onto a cookies plate for serving.
Enjoy eating or serving freshly baked M&M’s cookies!
This recipe makes about 12-18 medium-sized cookies. The number of baked cookies may vary by the scoop size you use and the amount of coated candies you add.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe. Grab our bonus printable recipe binder and cooking resources. Plus, never miss a post with our newsletter!
- Don’t forget to Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon
Print the small-batch recipe for M&M’s cookies
Not making these cookies right now? Pin it for later!