Are you ready to make St. Patrick’s Day crafts with the kids? Try this easy idea! Make a Popsicle Stick Leprechaun Hat.
Looking for other crafts to make? Check out all our spring craft ideas!
St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft – Leprechaun Hat
With simple kid’s craft supplies such as craft sticks or popsicle sticks, paint, pens, or markers, and construction paper… You can make a Leprechaun hat! Use it like it is or use it for part of your leprechaun catchers.
Popsicle Stick Leprechaun Hat
This post may contain affiliate links. We earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. This is at no additional cost to you.
- 8 Regular Size Popsicle/Craft Sticks
- 2 Small Size Popsicle/Craft Sticks
- Or just pick up a set like this – (craft sticks assorted sizes)
- Craft Paint White, Green, Black, (or grab an acrylic craft paint set like this) and Paint Brush
- Paint Pens or Markers (optional)
- Foam Construction Paper
- Pipe Cleaner
- Shamrock Stickers or Shamrock Confetti or Shamrock Foam Stickers or like (these)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Instructions for how to make a craft stick leprechaun hat.
- Evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks/craft sticks.
- Using a hot glue gun, run a line of hot glue the entire length of a small popsicle stick and press it horizontally onto one end of the 7 sticks as shown – repeat this step on the other end as well.
- Flip the newly made board over and glue a stick along the bottom for the brim and coat with an even layer of paint, let dry.
- Use the foam or construction paper to cut a hatband and glue it on just above the brim of the hat.
- Cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and bend it to form a square shape for the band buckle and attach with glue to the center of the band.
- Glue on shamrocks if desired.
Your Leprechaun Hat is now complete! Have fun decorating with the kids for St. Patrick’s day or use this craft on St. Patrick’s day as an activity for the kids!
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our picks; Lists on Amazon