Do you have a decorating style? I love room makeovers. I’m sharing living room decorating ideas and decorating tips. I spotted a new decor line and I might be smitten. Are you ready to give a living room or other room a make over? I love making seasonal changes to rooms in my home.
You can see all our home decor ideas when you need more decorating ideas to pick from.
I love the idea of pops of color mixed in with neutral colors or pastel vibes when decorating a home. I went from a dark currant red to pretty yellow accent wall in the living room paired with a cream. I have been looking at ways to update my accent colors for this summer. If you are new here you can see why we picked it and how we changed it here.
A good rule of thumb when investing in decor is pick neutral furniture, floors, wall colors (with the exception of an accent wall or two) Use less expensive home decor be your accent pieces. This way you can change it around more often.
Living Room Decorating Ideas
How do you decorate a living room?
Pick one style or two styles to define your core room style
Already have your style or in a hurry pop down to the decorating tips
- Mid Century Modern
- Boho Chic
- Our home is modern but, I have a mix of modern and Boho Chic in the living room.
- In the kitchen / office work space I have mid century modern desk, storage cabinet with a bit of vintage; my upcycled dresser to kitchen island. We are still on hold but, planning out the kitchen cabinet makeover, sink, counter and pantry makeover. Unfortunately it has been pushed down our room makeover list. We have an outdoor fence that blew down during a storm that we are redoing first.
- We also have a bathroom fix to do as our roof leaked during a rain storm. We’ll be replacing sheet rock, painting and updating the shower curtain and bathroom accents.
- Our living room has leather sofa is dark brown, dining room table is dark brown, floors are a brown, ceiling fans brown with metal. All neutrals with the exception of the accent walls.
- Read this book and see this post before you paint your walls!
What room are you decorating?
Lighten up a dark room
If you have a room that is dark a stylish lamp is the perfect decor to add to your room. Or hang a pendant light from a corner. Let there be light!
- Geometric Design Lamp with Blue Velvet Shade
- Rattan Wicker Pendant Light
- Use a mirror to add light to a room. This beachy themed rattan oval mirror. Or my favorite is this mirror.
Decorate with throw pillows
I have a leather sofa. I think it’s a manly piece of furniture. To softened up the look I am all about throw pillows. I recently covered a few with pillow covers but, these stylish, boho chic pillows are just what mama wants for Mother’s day. (I just hope they read the blog so they can grab me a pair. Either that or I’ll have to share my wish list with them!)
Pamper your pets. Get pets (or kids) stuff organized
Girl you know you have pets (or kids) when you have pillows, blankets, (pet toys) toys all over and on the floor. Elevate your decor by getting your pet a pet bed. Not only will they love sleeping on it, the pet bed will solve the ugly pillow, blanket situation. Get baskets to add their toys to. Now, all you will have to do is train them to put them in the basket. Wink, wink.
- Wicker Cat Bed
- Stylish Small Dog Bed
- Boho Baskets
- Wire Baskets
- Pet Supply Wall Organizer (for your leashes, doggie bags…)
Add accent Pieces, wall hangings, accent tables and table toppers
I have been decluttering my home and decor accent pieces. I box up or give away my seasonal items, only keeping items that bring me joy (not over crowd my space) But, I love refreshing and picking out new items. If you know me at all you know I love flowers and traveling. So this flower globe is all that and more. Come to mama.
Define your space with a throw Rugs
Now that my pooch isn’t a puppy any longer. Thank goodness I can say goodbye to stained throw rugs, and chewed up corners. RIP peace old rug! Time to get a new rug for the floor. Throw down for the win with jute. I am loving it with the blue accent color added too. Throw rugs are perfect for defining spaces. Especially if you have open concept living room and dining room combinations.
For small spaces or organizing add shelving
I have to say I am crushing on some of the new line of products Walmart is carrying. Especially Drew Barrymore’s Flower line for Walmart. Have you seen the new line of home decor yet? Is the line budget friendly. Well that depends on your budget I guess.
Can you guess one of my favorite places to shop for decor? Do you shop here?
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Home Decorating Pinterest
- Home Organization / Home Organization Pinterest
- Home Decor Ideas
- Home Decor Pinterest
- paint-stencil a desk tray
- how to build a small wall cabinet
- vanity to coffee cart diy
- concrete bowls diy
- budget friendly decorating secrets.