Are you looking for fun, and easy Halloween ideas? Today’s Halloween craft can be used for Halloween treat bags, party favors or snail mail for your favorite trick or treaters. I don’t always get to see my favorite little ones so I decided to make Halloween favors to give to them. This craft project can also be used for school parties and gifting non candy Halloween gifts.
Halloween Treat Bags
Do you like handing out special treat packages to your favorite costume goers on Halloween? Or love sending snail mail? Let me show you how easy these Halloween treat bags are to make. Oh, for those of you that plan Halloween parties you can incorporate age appropriate favors into your kraft bag. I created these for my grand kids. Since they don’t live by me and I don’t get to see them every Halloween I send them non candy Halloween treats.
If this Halloween party favor treat bag isn’t for you try this Halloween craft with Free Frankenstein Template Halloween Treat Bags or view it when done with craft idea.
Halloween Treat Bags DIY
These Halloween kraft bags are really inexpensive which is great when you have a lot to make! Let’s get to the basics of creating your own.
- Please NOTE: that when mailing USPS mailing standards-regulations We send our multiple envelopes in a $5 priority mailer.
Halloween Kraft Bags
Halloween Party Bags
- Kraft Envelopes (w/flap & string) : American Crafts Kraft Envelope 4.25 x 5.7″ (12 ct.) or 6.7″ x 3.6″ Kraft Envelope w/flap & string (6 ct.)
- Kraft Bags: Kraft Bags Small Handled Bags 4.5 x 2 x 6.5 ” (10 ct.)
- Halloween Washi Tape American Crafts 2 rolls 20 ft.
- Halloween Paper Straws
- Halloween Foam Stickers Halloween Stickers
- Scissors TIP: Do not cut paper and fabric with the same scissors it will dull them. (I have several pairs of scissors)
- If you want to add candy vs no candy treat bags *optional to add Halloween Candy Treats
If your throwing a bigger kids Halloween party here’s a few supplies in bigger quantity:
- 2.4″ x 4″ Mini Gift Bag 25 ct.
- 6″ x 9″ Kraft Envelope Bags 200 ct.
- Bulk Buy: Crate Paper (3-Pack) Maggie Holmes Confetti Favor Flat Bags 5X7 8/Pkg Kraft W/Peek A Boo Window 683726
- 6 rolls Washi Tape Limited Edition Halloween
- Various sizes & colors Kraft Handle Bags
You can see that you really don’t need a lot of supplies. Some envelopes have a glue closure. For the kraft bags you can always add a little shredded paper to them if they are open with handles.
Directions for Decorating your Halloween Treat Bags
- Decide how you will add your washi tape. I was mailing mine so I knew I needed to leave space for addressing and return mail information. For the pumpkins I took the tape all the way around the back. for the stripes I cut it flush at the edges.
- Completely decorate your envelope
- Add a glittery bat to the front or other embellishment if you like
- Since I was mailing the packages I washi taped the straws, and included the bats But, you can assemble them by taping the bat (or other Halloween decorations) to the straw.
Wouldn’t you want to go batty sipping a Halloween drink. Speaking of Halloween party drinks I found this one that looked so yummy. I pinned it to my Pinterest drink board. I also have lots of Halloween crafts and other fun Pinterest boards. Don’t forget to follow me over there when your done!
These cute Halloween straws were only a $1.00 each package. How cute are these Halloween designs?
Fill up your party favor bags
Then I put everything into the envelopes and bags. Add straws, foam glitter bats, glitter stickers, washi tape and a few pieces of candy.
If sending treat bags by snail
Add names or address to the envelopes prior to stuffing them with treats. You can decorate your envelopes as long as you address the envelopes properly and in the standard mailing spots.
Hope you make your own easy Halloween Kraft Bag Party Favors this year.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe for more
Looking for more Halloween ideas?
Frankenstein Halloween Treat Bags
We updated this post to include more ideas and to include our Halloween craft with Free Frankenstein Template for Frankenstein Halloween Treat Bags
Do you enjoy Halloween crafts?