Leprechaun Mason Jar Craft – is a fun decoration for St. Patrick’s Day. This DIY is perfect you looking for St. Patrick’s Day decorations that you can make. This is a fun project that anyone can do (even the kids) with a few craft supplies. Of course, if they are younger you will need to help them.
Get ready to grab your stash of supplies, get what you need and pull out your mason jar to make this fun and easy craft idea. But, if it’s not the craft for you, be sure to check out all our St. Patrick’s Day Crafts or other ideas to make.
DIY Mason Jar Leprechaun
Just imagine your kids or grandkids enjoying the candy from inside this mason jar craft!
St. Patrick’s Day Craft
We love celebrating St. Patty’s Day, decorating our home and making things festive. This leprechaun craft and character are sweet, quirky, a little mischievous. A little bit cute with his candy insides and green top hat with clover. It’s a DIY craft that can be made with the kids or by yourself.
Candy Coated Peanut Butter Candies create the perfect backdrop for this magically delicious treat! But, if you prefer you can fill this mason jar leprechauns belly with green jelly beans or other candies.
Mason Jar Leprechaun Craft
- Supplies are sourced from Amazon and crafts stores. Affiliate links may be included in the post where we earn a commission for qualifying purchases.
Mason Jar, Pint Size –
Leprechaun Hats – Dollar Store or Amazon
Candy Coated Peanut Butter Candies – Dollar Store (just the orange ones!) or (Orange M&M’s Candies) or (Green Jelly Beans)
Wiggle Eyes – Dollar Store
Pom Pom, Gold Tinsel – Dollar Store
Glue Sticks –
Craft Paper, Gold Glitter –
Craft Felt – Cream, Orange and Bright Green
Ribbon, Green Gingham
Button – Kelly Green
Cardboard Tube – Recycled TP tube fits perfectly
How to make this St. Patrick’s Day Decoration
Gather all supplies. Separate the orange candies from the brown and yellow ones, if needed.
Place cardboard tube in the center of the mason jar and fill with crumpled paper towels.
- While holding onto the paper tube, carefully pour orange candies into the jar. Gently shake the jar to allow the candies to settle.
- Place the candies at the neck of the jar with your fingers and then cover the top of the tube.
- Download, print and cut out the templates from the pattern sheet HERE.
- With a permanent marker, trace face onto cream felt, mustache onto orange felt, buckle onto glitter paper and then cut out with scissors.
- TIP: Cut on the inside of the traced lines for a cleaned finished project.
- Using glue gun and glue sticks, attach face, mustache, wiggle eyes and pom-pom nose referring to photo for placement.
- Remove the elastic cord from the plastic Leprechaun hat.
- Trace shamrock onto the bright green felt, cut out with scissors and attach Kelly green button to center.
- Glue green gingham ribbon around the base of the hat and gold glitter buckle to the front center, securing with the glue gun and glue sticks.
- To finish, adhere shamrock to the hat. Screw lid onto jar and place hat tightly over the lid.
Yay! You did it! Now, place your decoration on your dining or kitchen table or anywhere you like. I place my decorations in the entryway, mantle, and piano too.
Create this Mason Jar Leprechaun craft in just about 30 minutes with help from the kiddos! This family fun activity teaches color, sorting, cutting and counting skills.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- St. Patrick’s Day Pinterest
- Craft Ideas
- Spring Craft Ideas
- Mason Jar Crafts
- St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
Looking for more crafts to make?
Make Rainbow Pots Of Gold, Shamrock Luminary, Chunky Canvas Mixed Media project, Felt Clovers Hoop Art, and Rainbow Crafts. See all the ideas for St. Patrick’s Day (here).