Today we have a Spring / Easter DIY Crafts Project how to create gift baskets. Who wants to make a #PeepsEaster gift Basket? And enter to win candies for one?? Seriously, to me PEEPS® are synonymous with Easter (in the candy way). To this day I don’t think Sammie has outgrown receiving an Easter basket. As a matter of fact shes at the age where she could love one monthly! Candy baskets aren’t just for Easter you know. But, today’s DIY is all about these PEEPS® and creating a fun candy basket for the kids! (or kids at heart)
I was offered a challenge to create the most awesome PEEPS® Candy Basket I could! I’m always up for fun challenges. Aren’t you? Please note I may or may not have tasted a favorite PEEPS® or two while crafting. And if you make an Easter basket I might have to warn you that you may end up sampling a few yummy treats yourself!
“ For today’s post and giveaway: The PEEPS & COMPANY® products, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by PEEPS & COMPANY®.”
The good thing is that there are PEEPS® that are a sugar-free Chick! The Chick is perfect as an Easter basket essential and baked good enhancement. (if it even gets to the basket. Ahem, this might be what I sampled during my craft project. Nom, nom. While staying true to watching what I am eating.) Now lets get started!
#PeepsEaster Basket DIY
Supplies you’ll need to create gift baskets:
- 1 basket or up-cycled can or basket per child or person *small *medium or *large / select unfilled and filled PEEPS® gift baskets
- Filler for your basket such as Natural Tan Crinkle Filler or Eco Shred (multi color)
- Gift Basket Packaging such as clear plastic basket bags or clear cello roll or cello shrink wrap
- Easter Wired Ribbons I do have a tutorial for creating wired ribbons. Just enter wired ribbon DIY in search bar if you need it.
- Recycled a tin can with chalky finish craft paint in spring colors
- Up-cycle a basket painted with craft paint and with craft paint pens or Elmer’s painters pens
- Clear Tape
- Candy and gifts from PEEPS®
- Don’t feel like decorating your own basket? Grab a PEEPS® gift baskets
How to make an Easter gift basket
- Gather your supplies together *listed above
- Fill your basket (s) with some filler
- Add in your candy and gifts
- Wrap or insert your gift basket with clear packaging (& tape if using cello roll)
- You’ll need a blow dryer if using shrink wrap
- Create a wired ribbon bow and attach to your basket *search wired ribbon bow tutorial here if you need one.
- If you use a crate as a basket that has a chalkboard surface write a personalized note or drawing in chalk or chalk pen.
- Hide your gift basket until ready for gifting if the child / person lives with you
I didn’t realize how many different types of PEEPS® that are available besides are favorite marshmallow chicks and bunnies. I’ll list a few then, you can visit PEEPS® link above or below to see them all.
Here’s a few of our new and old favorites for Easter basket candy:
- PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Oh, how I love thee rainbow confetti vanilla cake flavored marshmallow chicks. Fun, fun, yum! (10)
- PEEPS® Sour Watermelon Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Sammie loves sweet and sour flavors! Which create a burst of watermelon in these chicks. Bonus blush pink center. (10)
- PEEPS® Rainbow Pop: I liked these for the grand kids, four chicks in colors yellow, green, pink and blue marshmallow on a stick- it’s like a colorful PEEPS® lollipop.
- Let’s not forget my childhood favorite I’m all about cinnamon Hot Tamales®! Like a jelly bean but, packed with flavor. I could probably eat a 14 oz. box myself (and be sorry, not sorry)well, not in one sitting though!
- Then there is the MIKE AND IKE® Easter treats and jelly beans.
- And when sending pre made baskets to family I always love the Individually wrapped marshmallow chicks.
What are some of your favorite candies for Easter baskets??
Special Reader Discount (so nobody is a loser)
- Reader Discount valid for 20% your next purchase at PEEPS®, no minimum required, from February 15 through April 15, 2016. Discount code: EASTERTREAT
The #PeepsEaster Candy Giveaway
PEEPS & COMPANY® is offering one of my readers a chance at winning their yummy candy for your baskets DIY! They are also happy to provide and ship prize to you . We’ll need your name and physical mailing address (U.S. residents only, no P.O. boxes) And response for them within 48 hours from notification. Which means we’ll need your email address which won’t be shared! Enter in the Rafflecopter below
Continue the fun, grab ideas and connect on social media with PEEPS & COMPANY® by using the hashtag #PEEPSEASTER and include @DearCreatives to share what you create! I’d love to see your baskets and feature them here or on Facebook.
How many gift baskets will you be making this year?
Don’t forget to Subscribe for more crafts, tutorial and gift basket ideas!