We are getting ready for Easter and sharing ways to DIY Easter Baskets. We love fun and easy ways to create Easter baskets do you? There are several ways to make gift baskets for spring and Easter. Today we are sharing how to make candy baskets and how to make Easter baskets. These are great for kids, teens, and adults. To this day I don’t think Sammie has outgrown receiving an Easter basket.
Are you looking for more Easter ideas? See all our Easter Crafts.
As a matter of fact, she’s at the age where she could love one monthly! Candy baskets aren’t just for Easter you know. But, today’s DIY is all about creating a fun candy basket for the kids! (or kids at heart)
I was offered a challenge to create a PEEPS® Candy Basket! I’m always up for fun challenges. Aren’t you? Please note I may or may not have tasted a favorite PEEPS® or two while crafting. And if you make an Easter basket I might have to warn you that you may end up sampling a few yummy treats yourself!
“ For today’s post: The PEEPS & COMPANY® products, information, have been provided by PEEPS & COMPANY®.”
DIY Easter Baskets
The good thing is that there are PEEPS® that are sugar-free! The Chick is perfect as an Easter basket essential and baked good enhancement. (if it even gets to the basket. Ahem, this might be what I sampled during my craft project. Nom, nom. While staying true to watching what I am eating.) Now let’s get started!
How to make Easter Candy Baskets
#PeepsEaster Basket DIY
Supplies you’ll need to create gift baskets, candy baskets, and Easter Baskets
- 1 basket or up-cycled can or basket per child or person *small *medium or * large/select unfilled and filled PEEPS® gift baskets
- Filler for your baskets such as Natural Tan Crinkle Filler or Eco Shred (multi-color)
- Gift Basket Packagings such as clear plastic basket bags or clear cello roll or cello shrinkwrap
- Easter Wired Ribbons I do have a tutorial for creating wired ribbons. Just enter wired ribbon DIY in the search bar if you need it.
- Recycled a tin can with chalky finish craft paint in spring colors
- Up-cycle a basket painted with craft paint and with craft paint pens or Elmer’s painter’s pens
- Clear Tape
- Candy and gifts from PEEPS®
- Don’t feel like decorating your own basket? Grab a PEEPS® gift baskets
How to make an Easter basket
- Gather your supplies together *listed above
- Fill your basket (s) with some filler
- Add in your candy and gifts
- Wrap or insert your gift basket with clear packaging (& tape if using cello roll)
- You’ll need a blow dryer if using shrinkwrap
- Create a wired ribbon bow and attach to your basket *search wired ribbon bow tutorial here if you need one.
- If you use a crate as a basket that has a chalkboard surface write a personalized note or drawing in chalk or chalk pen.
- Hide your gift basket until ready for gifting if the child/person lives with you
I didn’t realize how many different types of PEEPS® that are available besides our favorite marshmallow chicks and bunnies. I’ll list a few then, you can visit PEEPS® link above or below to see them all.
What kinds of candy do you add to Easter baskets?
Easter basket candy
- PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Oh, how I love thee rainbow confetti vanilla cake flavored marshmallow chicks. Fun, fun, yum! (10)
- PEEPS® Sour Watermelon Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Sammie loves sweet and sour flavors! Which creates a burst of watermelon in these chicks. Bonus blush pink center. (10)
- PEEPS® Rainbow Pop: I liked these for the grandkids, four chicks in colors yellow, green, pink and blue marshmallow on a stick- it’s like a colorful PEEPS® lollipop.
- Let’s not forget my childhood favorite I’m all about cinnamon Hot Tamales®! Like a jelly bean but, packed with flavor.
- Then there is the MIKE AND IKE® Easter treats and jelly beans.
- And when sending pre-made baskets to the family I always love the Individually wrapped marshmallow chicks.
DIY Easter Baskets
How many gift baskets or Easter baskets will you be making this year?
- Don’t forget to Subscribe for more crafts, tutorial and gift basket ideas!