Is anyone else ready to decorate for fall? I am! And I am dishing out the newest fall decorating ideas! Seriously, fall can’t here quick enough. Can we just skip the hottest part of the summer and move on? I have a checklist of things for my home that I want to freshen up. What about you? Even if you aren’t ready for these home decor ideas just yet, you can take a peek at what’s already trending for fall/autumn.
On Fridays, I love bringing you special finds, fashion, ideas, and all the things I think you will love. I know for many of us this fall will not be the same. For some of you, your kids are at home, or maybe they are leaving for college (like mine). Getting together with family and friends might be different too. I say, no matter what decorate your home anyway.
Fall Decorating Ideas
Cheers to the buffalo checks, plaids, and rust-colored pillows and linens. Hello, to the matte black, neutrals, marble and shiny gold accents!
Make it feel good to be home. Give your home a cheery feeling, cozy feeling, make a few updates to your home to freshen up your surroundings, and uplift your spirits…
You don’t need to do a full redo unless you want to. Simply by adding a few new decor accents, pops of color, and patterns can give your place a new feel. I typically start by organizing the home, removing seasonal objects, and items I just want to store for later. Or donating items. Then I dust, clean, and set up the new decor items.
Fall Decorating Trends
- Affiliate links may be included in this post. We earn a small commission for qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you.
Matte black on mirrors, table and desk bases, and even kitchen utensils. I am loving this trend are you?
- Like this 5-piece flatware set in matte black. I love the look. Black metal finish pairs perfectly with a variety of different place settings. They are the perfect way to instantly refresh and update your dining room table.
- My daughter purchased this black matte round mirror but, instead of the 28-inch, she bought the larger version. She updated her entryway with an entryway table, the mirror, and added a painted, shiplap wall accent behind it. A DIY project she did with her husband. I can’t wait to see it in person.
You can’t go wrong with using neutrals in your decorating. But, don’t forget to add pops of color. For fall, rust, umber, browns, mustard yellow, gold tones…
- Check out this new entryway collection, it’s clean, pretty, and has a few shiny things to go with the grey and white neutrals.
- Rope basket with leather handles for magazines, books, throw blankets, and things…Here’s a bigger basket of the same style.
- Neutral Plaid Table Runner is available in two sizes.
- Looking for more neutrals? See the Cozy Neutral Living Room Collection.
If you want things that can go from fall into the holiday season. Gold and silver accents always work, as well as the neutrals.
What decor trends have caught your eye?
Fall Wish List – Simple Fall Decor Ideas
What fall decorating ideas are on your wish list? What do you want? What do you need? What do you like?
Things I want
- I love terrariums, do you? I had so many little succulents they were taking over. I moved them outside. But, now I rather replant them into a display like this pretty glass and wood terrarium with an open top. It is really hard to grow plants here but, this would be a cute way to create the perfect environment for succulents or small flowers. I love bringing the outdoor elements inside when decorating. It’s the perfect size for adding to an entry table, side table, shelf, or mantle.
- This Slipper Accent Chair for my living room. We got rid of our love seat and need more seating.
- When you are ready to dish out all the goodies you bake. I spotted this oh so pretty dessert server. Perfect for slicing up cakes and pies… (added to my cart already!)
- All the things from the newest Hearth & Hand with Magnolia’s fall decor line. Have you seen the new fall collections yet?
- Robot Vacuums – I want, need, and would like to have one right now (I have 5 pets)! These have cool features and some budget-friendly models.
Things I need
- New floor rugs – I love them and since we have pets, teens coming through, all wood, and tile floors. They get used, washed, and worn. It’s an easy way to freshen up the house.
- Anyone else ready to get a new table cloth?- I am picking a neutral color but, oftentimes I will pick up seasonal table cloths, for swapping out when washing one.
- I’m ready to replace my coffee cups. Are you? I think I’m crushing on the ones with a saying on them.
- Just spotted these cute Placemats – I have been washing mine so often, I need to replace them.
- New Throw Pillows – to add pops of autumn colors to the living room.
- This size Sisal Basket With Handles – I love adding all the misc. stuff into them to keep the clutter down. I love the seagrass baskets too. Which come in many sizes. Now, to make up my mind.
Things I like
- A larger version of the matte black round mirror – large round mirror in brassy/gold
- Ladder Back Bench
- I am waiting for this Cotton Tassel Throw Pillow to be available 9-30. I can’t wait! Perfect for our couch.
- Also on my list is this doormat that says, feels good to be home. available 9-1. (Perfect for me, to welcome Sammie back from college breaks.) But, so true when you get home.
Explore fall pieces from Hearth & Hand with Magnolia that fit your style.
What’s on your wish list for decorating?