The great thing about trying different beauty products is that you really can find what is best for you! We aren’t a one size fits all when it comes to skin types or color, sensitivity and coverage. Plus it’s good to rotate the products you use as they do have a shelf life. I mean if your using products from over six months to a year ago you might want to freshen up your choices. Today I’m sharing two new products from CoverGirl + Olay.
Yes, they have teamed up and I got the chance to review the CoverGirl + Olay Facelift Effect firming makeup and The De-Puffer Eye Concealer. I picked both types in medium tone. To be honest the I don’t often use drug store foundation and the last time I tried CoverGirl foundation I was in my twenties, ahem! With that being said I was open to giving my honest beauty review of these products.
Here are a few details about the CoverGirl + Olay Beauty Products;
This is what the products are said to do;
CoverGirl + Olay FaceLift Effect is a concentrated vitamin complex of Olay FaceFirm technology, FaceLift Effect Firming Makeup provides luxurious, flawless coverage and the deep hydration of night cream, leaving you with firmer, healthier-looking skin after just two weeks.
De-Puffer Eye Concealer tackles eye puffiness and dark circles by combining Olay’s rejuvenating serum and cucumber extract to soothe and brighten your skin.
When doing beauty reviews I always want to know if the products match my needs? Do they match what is said they are to do?
This is what I want for my foundation and concealers:
- Will the foundation be full coverage, go on smooth, feel light, make my skin feel hydrated without feeling slick or run?
- Will the eye concealer cover dark circles, go on smooth and blend well with makeup? ( I don’t have puffiness )
- Are they affordable?
- Do they have plenty of color choices?
- Do they meet what company says it does?
Let’s see how these to products matched those needs!
Here are a few check boxes CoverGirl + Olay Products met;
From the FaceLift Effect Firming Makeup:
- Rich and Creamy. Goes on smooth. Doesn’t feel or look heavy.
From the De-Puffer Eye Concealer:
- Covers well. Blends well with makeup.
Final thoughts about the CoverGirl + Olay Products
At first I was worried about the thickness of the makeup. Since it has a moisture – firming in foundation. I didn’t use my regular moisturizer under it. It doesn’t share the ingredients on the jar so I have no idea of how much firming ingredients are in it. But, overall I feel that after using the product it had some skin benefits.
- I first applied the concealer. I don’t have puffiness so I can not speak to that but, it covered my dark circles well, felt light, blended well with the makeup and didn’t run in hot weather. Although, it’s fall we have had temperatures into the 100’s* & finally cooling down.
- The foundation matched my skin well, blended well and went on easily.
- It was long lasting without having to put on a finishing powder.
- To be honest I was totally surprised how much I liked it.
- Pricing was great! $10-$15 range
- Color choices range from fair, light, light/medium, medium, deep
- I would use both these products again.
I have a few coupons if you are interested email me if you want to give these products a try and I’ll mail one to you!
I received this opportunity from BzzAgent and was sent products, along with coupons to facilitate this review. All images, text and 100% honest opinions are included in this post.
Have you tried either of these products before? What were your thoughts?