Dear Creatives, This week has been a little off kilter for us here, just getting back into town with a car full of luggage, shopping finds & things to do! Yes, it involves unpacking & laundry, grabbing groceries….There is always plenty of unpacking after packing. No getting around that!
Not my favorite things to do after a trip! & since this was more of a helping trip than vacation trip I am trying not to feel overload. Luckily I am one who cleans up prior to leaving so when I get back there isn’t as much to deal with. I came across this quick list of to dos that might help you prepare yourself for your vacation return! Pre-Vacation Chores
Now if you need packing inspiration I recently found Iampacked.com & people actually upload & share what they have packed for trips. This might be helpful for anyone who hasn’t done much travel packing. & more from the Independent Traveler travel tips Maybe the most practical of all the articles is this one about unpacking before you pack! Which really has a good checklist along with tips on how not to over pack!
Helpful tips for prior leaving on a trip are:
1. Make a checklist
2. Sort your items as you are packing ( tees, pants, shorts, skirts…Try to think mix & match, 1 dress item, 1 ea. dress shoe, flat, walking shoe ) & items for carry bag (camera, magazines, book…)
3. If you have pets make sure you have someone reliable to care for them way in advance.
4. Remember to empty the coffee filter this is easily missed. Who likes coming home to moldy coffee grounds?
5. Unplug / shut off appliances & computers
6. Have your lights set to turn on at night & Have a neighbor know how to reach you in an emergency
7. Never wait to the last minute or night before to pack!
8. Go online to the post office & have your mail held until you get home
8. Pack a plastic or drawstring bag for dirty clothes
9. Take out the garbage
10. Remember phone & camera chargers
Those are just a few helpful things we do each trip & is part of our standard pre-travel checklist. Can you believe it is August already? Not me. I sure hope I manage to get a real weekend vacation in prior to Sammie getting back to school! I have been thinking about Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. Beach, music, rides & Felton Train in the mountains. This just might be our last minute ticket to family fun! Or maybe a weekend trip to Yosemite National Park?
Now for camping packing & unpacking tips you can check out this article at About.com camping basics
This August I have coming up:
- A sweet recipe or two
- A few movie reviews
- back to school – green crafts
& more so be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss anything.
Are you planning a vacation anytime soon? What is a travel tip, packing or unpacking tip you can share with us?
You don’t have to miss your workout when you travel or get home with this free 7 day pass! So go ahead & get your pass!