Are there weeknights you find yourself needing or looking for easy family meal recipes? We have nights like that often, especially with being a busy family. We have two nights a week that are very busy in our house. Mondays and Fridays. What are your busiest days? You know I’ve tried and shared new Manwich recipes-meals before. But, recently I headed over to grab a new recipe to try for my #ManwichMonday dinner plan. Did you know that National Sloppy Joe Day on 3/18? Today I’m sharing how I adapted their Sloppy Joe Corn Bread Bake.
On Mondays for us, we are back to work, school and the Mr. has to eat early as he has band practice. Sammie typically has a lot of homework on Mondays. On Fridays, the week is winding down but, Sammie has piano lessons and my schedule consists of lots of driving which leaves me little time to cook up a meal. This is when a recipe like this is super handy! It’s really a great recipe for anyone needing a 30 minute meal that you can please the family with! I call mine version a Green Chilies And Cheese Corn Bread Bake.
Easy Family Meal Recipes: #SloppyJoe Casserole
Ingredients for the SloppyJoe Recipe: Green Chilies And Cheese Corn Bread Bake;
- Pam Non Stick Spray
- 1 can Manwich Sloppy Joe Original
- 1 lb. Lean Ground beef
- 1 package corn bread mix (Jiffy) You’ll need milk 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can mild chopped green chilies 7 oz. (use half in recipe and save half for garnishing with sour cream)
- shredded cheese (small pkg) I used 1 cup – 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese 1/2 cup jalapeno jack
- sour cream
Here’s how to make my version of the Manwich Mondays Recipes recipe;
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8 or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lean ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until done. If you didn’t use extra lean beef drain it off.
- Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce; heat until hot.
- Spoon into the pre sprayed baking dish.
- Lightly add shredded cheese to the mixture
- Meanwhile, stir together corn muffin mix per package directions
- Add into the corn muffin mix the chopped green chilies only half the can, reserve rest for topping with sour cream and green chilies.
- Spoon the cornbread mixture over the sloppy Joe mixture.
- Cornbread mixture may not cover the meat completely.
- Bake 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Garnish with sour cream and green chilies.
- Optionally if you prefer a vegetarian version take your favorite beans such as black beans or kidney beans and omit the meat.
- There is no meat in Manwich cans. Manwich is a tangy sauce perfect for sandwiches, pastas and more.
To find out more about Manwich
- To find Manwich products in a store near you, use the product locator on ConAgra Foods’ website.
- Sign up for their ReadySetEat enewsletter
- National Sloppy Joe Day on 3/18
What will you make for National Sloppy Joe Day?