Dear Creatives, Biscotti is so perfect for holiday gift giving. I just finished up making some biscotti for Sammie’s Heritage Days at her school. I have to confess I had never made them before. But, have always been so inspired to when I see others have tried & been successful at making them. Since I did try two recipes, both I liked equally, but the second being a little stickier dough which made it harder to handle. I have to tell you this is on my holiday gift giving list! Yes, although you have to bake more than once it is easier than I thought. Not to mention that you get so many cookies out of one batch. I decided to share a few images of the batches of cookies, the two recipes & also the steps of the recipes I used along with some tips. Don’t forget if you have a recipe to share of your favorite holiday sweets; cookies, bars, cakes, desserts, candies be sure to link them up in my Sweet Recipe Swap!
Now onto homemade biscotti <3
Why <3 well first off because it is easier to make than you think!
Second because it is easy to change the almond biscotti recipe to vanilla, almond flavoring + almonds & vanilla, almond flavoring+apricots
Third because you can make so many per batch, make them up to 1 week in advance & they hold up great for gift giving.
Click to enlarge any of the images in post!
Now look how easy to make! Mix ingredients, shape & bake approx 20-25 min. Then cool, cut, lay on side & bake about 8-10 min. Finally flip over on cookie sheet & bake again about 7-9 min! Cool & package! Oh, yes on the chocolate I opted to drizzle melted chocolate on the top! I wish I could pass you some to have with your coffee or tea, but alas I can only share the recipes I used & tips!
- Tip 1: for any of the recipes when handling the dough make sure to flour where you are working, flour rolling pin & flour your hands!
- Tip 2: The vanilla dough recipe is very sticky I shaped it with my hands that were floured & did shaping on the parchment lined cookie sheet so I didn’t have to transfer it from counter to sheet!
- Tip 3. I adjusted recipe to 1 teaspoon vanilla plus 1/2 teaspoon almond ( 1 batch with almonds) ( 1 batch with chopped dried apricots)
- Tip 4: Store in sealed plastic or glass containers for keeping fresh!
- Tip 5: Which should be tip 1 read through recipe first, make sure to have all items on hand & steps understood. I used parchment instead of greasing a cookie sheet.
Recipe for Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti (I omitted the white chocolate)
Recipe for Almond Biscotti substitute almond with: ( 1tsp. vanilla + 1/2 tsp. almond) & other items (+ sliced almonds or + dried apricots) I also omitted brushing with milk & adding sprinkled sugar,
Hope you find this helpful & that you will add making biscotti to your list of baking recipes for yourself or gift giving! Be sure to link-up your favorite recipes in the Sweet Recipe Swap! & other recipes or crafts into the weekly Inspiration Spotlight link-up
What is your favorite thing to bake & gift someone?
Holiday Treats & Savings:
- Save $1.10 on (2 )HERSHEY’S KISSES, REESE’S, HERSHEY’S Nuggets, HERSHEY’S Miniatures, ROLO, YORK or HERSHEY’S BLISS bags (7.8oz or larger)
- SAVE $1.00 on any 3 (THREE) Welch’s Sparkling Juice Cocktails 25.4oz (any flavor)
- SAVE 40¢ ON THREE when you buy any THREE Pillsbury® Crescent Dinner Rolls
- SAVE $1.00 ON TWO when you buy TWO PACKAGES any variety Pillsbury® Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- SAVE 40¢ ON THREE when you buy THREE CANS any size/variety Pillsbury® Refrigerated Grands!® OR Grands! Jr. ® Biscuits
- SAVE 60¢ ON THREE when you buy any THREE Pillsbury® Sweet Rolls OR Grands!® Sweet Rolls
- SAVE 50¢ ON TWO when you buy TWO packages of Pillsbury® Rolled Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- SAVE $.55 on any one (1) package of any Delizza Patisserie Products
- Save $1.00 on one (1) Minute Maid® Juice Box 10-pk, any variety
Looking for other coupons just visit the $ Off Goodie Bag page & drop down menu for all the coupon & deals selections!