Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There’s no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com
Over the weekend I was able to have a girls night in, full of crafting & fun for the holidays. There is nothing I like better than a night of crafts. Do you know what goes great with crafting & friends over the holidays? Chocolate! Now having a good chocolate dessert to serve doesn’t have have to be expensive, hard to make or time consuming to get great results! The best part is no one is going to know how easy it was for you once they taste the first bite of this dreamy dessert.
Triple Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling:
What You’ll need:
- Make sure to have oil, eggs, flour & non stick spray on hand
- 1 Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 can Comstock Raspberry Filling
- 1 tub Classic Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. I used non stick coating & lightly floured 2- 9″ round cake pans
- Bake cake according to box & let cool approx. 15 min.
- Place one cake layer on pretty cake stand, spread very thin layer of chocolate frosting
- Then on top of the thin layer of chocolate frosting a layer of raspberry filling
- Place second layer on top of the first layer, gently ensuring cake doesn’t slide
- Frost side and top of cake with chocolate frosting
Another reason to love a girls night in is to break out my grandma’s beautiful cake stand.
And also be able to serve it on my favorite dessert plates.
I wish you could of been there for a piece of this cake! With a little ice cream topped with raspberry filling.
And with a little of this dreamy chocolate cake left it didn’t take long for it to disappear! So I promised the family a treat of chocolate brownies with chocolate glaze!
What is your favorite cake or dessert to serve during your holiday gatherings?