Who loves spring home décor and patio updating? I love this time of year, extending our indoor living to outdoors. With the milder weather upon us we are sprucing up our yard. I am hoping that we can swing updating our patio furniture this year. Creating the perfect entertaining space. Are you or will you be updating your yard or patio spaces?
At the end of last summer we decided it was time to retire our shade umbrella as it was faded and had ripped. We also had some mismatched pieces of patio furniture that we gave to recycle. I love that our city has a annual curb side pickup of large pieces. Does yours?
Our family from north of us dropped by when they were traveling south of us. They were headed to LA to visit Disneyland. I wish our spring breaks had been the same it would of been awesome to drive down and go. But, it wasn’t possible.
Their visiting made me realize when cleaning up the yard at the end of last year it created a problem. We really don’t have any where for people to sit and enjoy our backyard. So, we just walked around outside then ended up coming back in. With all the lovely rains the grass has grown back, bushes blooming and colorful roses bursting with colors. No where to sit!
We started peaking at ideas to see what we’d like to add to extend our indoors / outdoors. Especially since we love to grill and enjoy the weather when it isn’t hot out.
Indoor / Outdoor Furniture Tips
- Pick outdoor furniture that will fit in your space without taking up too much room
- Updating seating? Consider a sectional vs multiple pieces or even a half round sectional
- Want to be on trend? Pick a neutral color and add accent décor, such as pillows, a throw or plant stand that is trending. This way your selections will last for years by just swapping out pillows and accent décor with what’s in!
- Add a set of chairs with a coffee table or small side table
- Add a patio table set round, oval, rectangle or square *measure your space and see what would fit your space before shopping
- By adding shade market style umbrella you will be able to be more comfortable as it warms
- For the teens/kids consider a pouf chair or bean bag chair
- For the little ones how about an outdoor play tent?
- Toss in a few throw pillows and blanket for outdoor rest or reading
- Consider laying down an indoor / outdoor rug
What spring indoor / outdoor home décor trends are catching your eye?