Today I am finally happy to share a couple of DIY Craft Projects. These two are super easy. We all love easy projects right? What I love about this project is anyone can do it. You can change chalk paint colors to match decor and totally change the sayings or design based on your needs.
I had the chance to try Dixie Belle Chalk Paints for these projects. Have you heard of them?
Stay tuned because when it stops raining like crazy I have a few more projects to finish up and share with their lovely paints they sent me to try out. Woot! Woot! Which means more ideas for you.
DIY Craft Projects
Do you ever feel like you can’t get to your list of projects? That has been me this past month. I seriously have had one thing or another happening. I won’t be going into all the details but, life throws you curve balls you just have to roll with it. So, I am excited to share these DIY Craft Projects with you today because I’ve wanted to get back to crafting for so long! *(how to and tips near end of post)
I had been working on a slightly harder project before getting sidelined and thought it would be nice to pick up a few things to make a project anyone can do. This doesn’t take a lot of supplies. This can be used in an office or a kids or baby’s room or…
Recently I had been shopping at Target and have to say I love their dollar section. Who doesn’t right?! I probably could of filled my cart with seasonal stuff. But, tried to stay on task. I did see this cute inexpensive desk catch all and a simple wood board with cut out heart.
Wheels turning I transformed these $3 each items to something that I think looks way more expensive and worthy of gifting. If you are ready to make DIY Craft Projects you can also find wood letters and other supplies there too.
Grab one or two inexpensive wood items and Dixie Belle Chalk Paints (you have to see all the lovely colors! & other supplies) Get your space ready with newspapers, grab your paint brushes and water only for rinsing your brushes. No prep necessary unless you need to sand your wood and wipe it dust free. Easy P-easy!
I dusted off my Cricut and cut out the vinyl designs that I designed in the Cricut Design Space but, if you don’t have one you can purchase vinyl decals – stickers. (if you have access you can grab the design)
How To Make This Home Decor DIY Craft Project
- Find and prep wood pieces (sand and clean if necessary)
- Tip: When painting edges or tight spaces use an angle brush (that is what I used for inside of the heart I picked one of my smaller angle brushes)
- If painting a cut out: Paint cutout first use small amount of paint on brush (wipe off excess from top surface with damp cloth) Let dry!
- Paint front / back with chalk paint letting the coats of paint dry in between if more than one coat of paint is needed or flipping sides
- Design and Cut out vinyl design for your Cricut Or Purchase vinyl decals to adhere to wood painted surface (apply only when dry)
- Seal wood/vinyl pieces as needed to extend life
Now my only decision is who to gift these to!
Enjoy today’s post? Don’t forget to subscribe for all our posts.
When was the last time you started and finished any DIY Craft Projects? What’s next on your DIY Craft Projects to do list??