Today I have another easy diy project for you it’s a leather fringe tassel necklace. As mentioned in my other jewelry project I consider myself a novice but, with using tutorials or trying along with practice anyone can do this! I have to admit this is one that I modified from a tutorial I saw. Last week I shared how to create a leather fringe necklace on an antique copper chain but, today’s tutorial is even easier! The tassel is attached to a leather loop that’s knotted.
I have worked with leather before in summer camp when I was a kid. Did you? Did I ever tell you that I found out that I met the Mr. at summer camp when I was a kid and I didn’t even know it till I was an adult. Crazy right? That’s a longer story for another day. It’s funny how people and opportunities come your way when your least expecting. Ever since I had the chance to dabble with these supplies I’ve been making more jewelry projects. I thought you might enjoy this DIY leather tassel necklace.
Easy DIY Projects: Leather Fringe Tassel Necklace
Tools needed for these easy diy jewelry projects;
- miniature needle nose pliers
- miniature side cutter
- scissors / ruler/ E6000 glue / Popsicle sticks
Jewelry Supplies needed for the Leather Fringe Tassel Necklace DIY;
- Suede Cord Turquoise 3 mm Wide 1.5 mm thick /30 ft SUE100
- 2.5 x 1.8 mm Silver Curb Chain SS30CR ( Chain 22″ / or more if you want to make multiples. It’s sold by the foot )
- Silver Plated Lobster Clasp 14 mm with ring SPL4002213
- Silver Plated Jump rings 20 gauge 5 mm SPL20GOJR05
- embellishments / charms (mini key ring optional)
- sku s from supplier / see this post for supplier
Steps for the DIY Leather Fringe Tassel Necklace;
- Cut your leather in long strips I picked 8 ” (you will be folding them in half)
- Take a wire and fold it in half make a loop at the top slip around the leather you will fold in half
- Next wrap wire around the top of the leather you folded in half keeping the loop at the top *view this tutorial for visual steps only using steps 2 and 3
- (If you visit the tutorial you see I’m not beading or using chain)
- Then you take a thin leather string and wrap over the wire tying a knot in the back
- I slipped a jump ring onto the loop for the charms
- Added the charms one came with a tiny key ring and I added that to the jump ring
Now by using the steps above with how I created my handmade jewelry necklace and the tutorial I sent you to for steps 2 and 3 to visually see you should be able to create your own tassel necklace! If you have any questions please ask in the comments! If you have a project to share be sure to linkup your diy/craft or other blogging topic at the party!
PS. I have more easy DIY projects coming up be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out!
I have two more projects listed and if you’d like to dig deeper to learn more check these how to books and e books; Books: Leather Jewelry