DIY – Farmhouse Mason Jars Decor – These styled mason jars can be used for home decor, or for decorating for Valentine’s Day, or even a DIY wedding, or a dining table centerpiece…
This is a fun and easy DIY mason jar craft. Looking for more things to make? See all our mason jar crafts that you can make for any season some with recipes and free printables to use.
DIY Farmhouse Mason Jars
Use this DIY project to decorate your home or you can even use this craft project for a mason jar gift idea. It would be perfect to gift for Valentine’s Day, a new mom, or use it for a homemade Mother’s Day gift idea.
We think you will enjoy making this easy craft idea no matter how you decorate the mason jars, use them, or gift these mason jars!
Follow Our Web Stories – DIY Farmhouse Mason Jars
Let’s make this craft!
Farmhouse Mason Jars Decor
- 1-3 Mason Jars find them on Amazon (16-ounce mason jars and 32-ounce mason jars) or your local craft store
- White Chalk Paint – My favorites are Waverly White Chalk Paint, Folk Art White Chalk Paint, DecoArt Chalk paints (regular paint works fine but I like chalk paint for this project as it dries quicker and is thicker)
- Paint Brush
- Twine – (Amazon, craft store, or Dollar Tree)
- Chalkboard Heart Tags – (Valentines Day Heart Chalk Board Tags I used) Amazon, craft store, or Dollar Tree. (Additionally, you can use your Cricut or Cricut Joy to die-cut heart tags).
- Faux Flowers (Silk White Roses) (Silk Peach Roses) (Silk Pink and Champagne Roses) or Freshcut Flowers
Other chalk paint colors to consider are ballet pink if painting your mason jars for Valentine’s Day decor. FolkArt Home Decor Matte Chalk Paint Colors in a matte finish, Country Chic Chalk Style Paint Colors available in 16+ colors to match your decor projects …
Apply 2 coats of White Chalk Paint to the jars, allowing enough time to dry in between paint coats to get the best coverage.
You can use a heat gun for crafts to dry the paint faster, especially if your home is cold.
Next, leave about 6 inches free and wrap the twine about 5 times around the top of the jar.
And Leave 6 inches at the end to create the bow.
Styling Tips For Mason Jars
Style mason jars with artificial rose flowers, faux flowers, or real flowers such as roses, dried flowers, sticks… Then add the decorated jars into trays grouped together, or on a table, dining table, shelf, or bookcase…
Using odd numbers when making centerpieces and displays evoke interest and are more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our picks; Lists on Amazon
What was the last craft you made or styled using mason jars?
How-To Style Mason Jars
- How To Style Mason Jars For Spring
- Rustic Shabby Chic Styled Mason Jars Decor Ideas
- DIY Farmhouse style Christmas Mason Jar Decor Ideas
- 27 DIY Mason Jars Styled For Spring
- In case you want to distress your mason jars, DIY Paint Distress Mason Jars
Mason Jar Crafts
More crafts to make with mason jars
- DIY Stovetop Potpourri (in Mason Jars) With free printable tags.
- Frosted DIY Luminary (For St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jars)
- DIY Mason Jar Pin Cushions (This is perfect for keeping all your sewing notions you use close by or displayed in your sewing corner or sewing room until needed.)
- Toy Story Mason Jar Dessert + Printable (There’s A Snake In My Boots) Perfect for a Toy Story movie night or Toy Story themed party.
- Mason Jar Kids Activity Jar DIY (with free printables)
- Unicorn Jar DIY (Perfect for a kids room or for party decor)
- Mason Jar Craft For Fall (Easy to make and display for fall home decor)
- Make a Mason Jar Frog for Your Mason Jar Floral Arranging.
Do you love crafting with mason jars? Find out more about the history of mason jars and ways to use them in this book: Mason Jar Nation
See what we are pinning, mason jar crafts on Pinterest we might be trying next!
Just in case love is in the air; Make any of these crafts and if you are having a DIY wedding you might like these flower styling tips.
- Table Centerpiece Ideas – Wooden Flower Boxes
- Easy Spring Centerpiece
- Cement Bowl Candle Holders DIY
- Easy DIY Centerpiece (for fall)
- DIY Boutonniere