Blossoming flowers, birds singing. What does that mean? Spring crafts ideas. Today I’m sharing how to decorate a Mini Bird Cage, creating a Diorama. This DIY can be used for many things such as baby shower decor, or a baby’s room.
Also think bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, nursery, kids room or even kids birthday decor with a woodland theme.
It’s easy to decorate a few at a time, or only make one. I have made more than one in an assembly line style and will show you just how easy it is. Honestly the hardest part of this spring craft not having my midnight helpers those kitty cat crafters stay out of the supplies, and bird cages. They loved the little eggs, and feathers on the birds.
To make it easy for you I have a full supply list at the end of the post, or you can check your local craft stores.
Mini Bird Cage DIY
Did you ever create dioramas as a kid? In a shoe box or other container? I think this reminds me of doing that. Kids might have fun making something like this for a spring or summer project with a little help.
When gathering the supplies I even found the little wire bird cages in a few colors. I used real moss sold in packages. I picked up a mix pack of moss, birds nests and eggs.
I found the prettiest decorated clothes pins in multi packs and packages of ribbons. Near the wedding section was the butterflies, birds, and little nature touches. I didn’t cover the clothes pins up I only added enough touches to make it look pretty, and balanced.
Each one is a little different. Some have ribbons with pom poms, and paper flowers.
- Gather your supplies
- Trace the bottom of the wire cage onto a piece of paper and cut out scrapbook paper ( I used a wood looking paper) to put into the bottom of the cage
- Next slip in your nest and decorate with the moss, eggs and top with a bird. (the birds are wired on the bottom bend & stick them as needed)
- Tie your pretty ribbon on top and at the end clip one of the pretty clothes pins
- Attach a clothespin to the side of the cage, top with moss and a butterfly (they are wired too bend, and stick down as needed)
Find a cute spot to hang it or set it on a mantel, dresser, table, use it for your event decor. We have one on our piano, and I am gifting one to my daughter in law for her nature inspired nursery. The supply list below are products similar or same that were used in our tutorial. I searched them out to same you time grabbing the most economical yet quality products.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe.
Supplies list for Mini Bird Cage Dioramas
Who would you make a diorama for? Have you ever decorated mini bird cages for your home decor? Or an event?
Looking for more?