Dear Creatives, I decided to do a little paper-crafting for Valentines Day. Before you know it February will be upon us. This project is pretty easy. What I love is embellishing, it is the icing on the cake when paper-crafting, card making & doing scrap-book pages. With limited supplies you can create some pretty cute Valentine boxes & mail boxes. These are fun & pretty easy paper-crafting projects.
I have been decorating some left over favor boxes & 1/2 lb. 7″ boxes. I used my Cricut to cut out the cutest little envelopes & put them together. I will share more about them in another post. I used some cute paper I had. You can see I filled this box with tissue, a heart stamp, pretty velvet ribbon & a Hello Kitty Stamp. You can use them for a cute Valentines Day display or to wrap up a cute gift for someone you love!
Here is a quick how to!
All you need is:
- A little box *favor box 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ or other boxes ( examples & where to buy at bottom of post)
- heavy duty glue stick ( Elmers)
- x-acto knife
- 12 x 12 scrapbook paper
- embellishments ( little glitter hearts, buttons, lace, scrapbook embellishments)
1. Gather your supplies
2. Trace the shapes of the box sides on the paper (opposite of printed you will want facing you & check if print has a pattern it faces the direction you want it prior to tracing piece for cutting) You can do it all at once or one by one
3. Cut out all your pieces
4. Glue onto box & embellish!
My favorite I did late tonight & didn’t have time to grab a photo, but will share it with you soon! I’ll take some better photos in the day time & update you soon! I will be stuffing these mini envelopes with hearts & stickers. I made quite a few. I’ll probably make some more Valentines Mail Boxes soon too. If you missed my friend’s video tutorial & the ones I made you can see them here, along with how to make them. I hope you have the chance to try your hand at either Valentines Day paper-crafting projects!
What have you been crafting? Have you started any Valentines Day projects?
Feel free to link up your projects!
Small Square Craft Box
(Box I used)