What is not to love about spring?! Nature is bounding with joy! Birds returning to the area creating songs of bliss. Flowers popping up from a winter’s planting. Rose buds blooming ever so gently unfolding as each day goes on. Yes, springs weather can be a little flighty but, it’s warming up. We are lacing up our shoes and getting outdoors again! Longer days that are sometimes fuller than the holidays with all the activities we try to balance into them. Today I am sharing all that things that make me fall in love with spring over and over each year, along with a new favorite Spring coffee.
My top 10 favorite spring loves:
- Enjoying the longer days for taking walks with my dog (& Sammie of course)
- Grabbing my camera to head outdoors after a rain to take photographs of nature
- Taking my sketchbook to the park to draw and write in while Sammie swings
- Flying a kite on a windy afternoon
- Heading to the beach on a short school day or for a full day on the weekend
- Opening up the blinds and letting the full sun shine right through the windows (except for seeing the sills that need cleaning)
- Knowing that I can hit the open road for day trips & weekend trips now that the weather is nice again
- Going to the library with Sammie to get new books to read outside on the hammock
- Having family gatherings where we enjoy the backyard and barbecue
- Finding a new blend of coffee perfect for Spring!
Speaking of spring and coffee have you tried the new Starbucks Blend Spring? You know how much I love coffee, honestly I can’t start the day without it and sometimes enjoy a pick me up in the afternoon of my favorite blend. When I am home alone I don’t brew a full pot. I reserve that for when I share a pot with the Mr. or have my friends or family over.
It’s just me and my french press with a kitchen full of ideas and never enough time! I am a consummate multi-tasker. In the spring you’ll find me going for walks in the morning and finding the perfect flowers to bring home and take photographs of. As I get back indoors I love to boil the kettle of water for a fresh french pressed coffee.
It is so easy. Thanks to Starbucks for the Spring coffee blend samples to review and sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% my own. I just grabbed my bag of Spring ground coffee. Measured and poured the grounds into the bottom of the french press then added the water to just below the top of the metal casing. Next you just close the press but, don’t plunge until it has been about 3-4 minutes. Then push down your plunger. Turn to spout opening and pour into your cup.
If you have never used a french press you should try it sometime. You will get the most flavor from your grounds. Note: Grounds need to be a bit coarser. I found the pre-ground Spring worked well for my little one cup press. No matter how you enjoy your coffee you will enjoy the flavors of Spring.
Starbucks Spring is a lively, well balanced coffee. Latin American and East African coffee beans give it juicy notes and a medium body. This coffee pairs well with buttery shortbread and early harvest berries. A perfect complement to any spring gathering you may have.
You might enjoy my Strawberry Pound Cake recipe or my Shortbread Cookies Recipe to go with with Starbucks Spring Blend. They would make the perfect pairing and are easily made for your spring treats. Why don’t you give the Spring blend a try with your springtime gatherings and if you do I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Visit here to find out more about Starbucks Spring Coffee
What’s on your top 10 list of spring favorites? Have you tried Starbucks Spring Coffee Blend?