Who wants to stay healthy? I sure do! This time of year with cold and flu season it can be hard to stay healthy. The weather outside is cold. We set our thermostats indoors to be comfortable heating our homes. But, we constantly are going in and out with errands, running kids to school… Let me tell you I never plan on being under the weather and strive for being healthy year round. I rarely get sick. What about you? A healthy lifestyle is important to me and for my family. How to stay healthy? I have a few tips on staying healthy in this post and what to do if you get a cold too. Plus a gift card giveaway!
“This post has been sponsored by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare.”
Sammie and I drove up to visit my daughter and her family, with a house full of little ones (Ages 9, 5, 3 and 1-1/2 years). They love playing outdoors and with friends. In and out they go. They are a very active and happy bunch but, not all of them have learned to wash their hands frequently. We had a nice visit until one by one they got the stomach flu (luckily only 24 hour) and one with a runny nose cold. I washed my hands like crazy. Ah, winter. How I hate your cold and flu season!
I felt good while helping my daughter Krissy with all the kids, laundry and chores. I even sent Sammie to her other sister’s house to try and help preventing her from getting sick. After a week, we headed back home. We are settled into our second half of vacation. Sherlock movies, reading, game playing and playing with our pets who missed us. Did you see the new Sherlock movie? Amazing!
Then one night I felt achy and my nose started feeling that tingle. No I told myself I’m not going there! Those words can only go so far. Sometimes your body just caves in and says sorry you have a cold. But, I rested and seem to be on the upswing.
When my cold gets to be too much I reach for Advil® Cold & Sinus. Of course I also drink my favorite tea, drink plenty of water, take vitamins and try to rest and keep warm. Sammie didn’t avoid getting sick either. She just ended up with an achy body and head. Such as life. Hopefully, this mild cold stuff is it for the season. I don’t know about you but, I want my family healthy!
Did you know?
- Advil® Cold & Sinus is the #1 pharmacist recommended brand to treat your worst symptoms.
- Advil® Cold & Sinus combines Advil® – the number-one selling pain reliever – and a powerful nasal decongestant to provide fast, powerful relief.
I didn’t know that until I had the chance to read a few facts and articles from their Advil® Respiratory website which also shares the causes of the common cold, the various types of cold and sinus medicines they carry and even coupons for $1 off.
I’ve always been an Advil® user, since I suffer from migraines but, when I get a cold and the vitamins don’t work to kick my cold that’s when I reach for Advil® Cold & Sinus. (non drowsy is my preference) When your cold gets to be too much for over the counter, or you have small kids do seek out the advice of doctors.
Here’s 7 + tips on how to stay healthy during cold and flu season:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds remember to get in between fingers
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth areas or hello germs
- Disinfect commonly used areas frequently (Kitchen, bathrooms, play areas. Don’t forget tv remotes, cell phones and toys)
- If you or your kids get sick minimize spreading germs by sneezing into you’re arm (the restaurant sneeze)
- Wash your fruits and veggies prior to eating them
- Wash your hands prior to food prep and work on clean, sanitized surfaces
- Wash or sanitize your hands prior to eating
- Proper sleep, nutrition and exercise
- Carry and use hand sanitizer
Be sure to subscribe for all our posts! Not saying your going to get sick but, if you’d like to try Advil® Cold & Sinus this season thanks to Advil® just enter the giveaway below. It’s handy to keep on hand during cold season. 1 Winner will receive a $25 gift card (picked at random) U.S. residents only, no P.O boxes. Must respond within 48 hours to winning notification!
What other tips do you have for staying healthy?