What is it about #TheMagicOfSpring that we all love? For me I know it is getting back outside to enjoy the warmer days, spring flowers, nature walks and outdoor festivities. We love incorporating fun into our celebrations during spring. There’s Earth day, Easter and Mother’s Day all right around the corner. Today I’m sharing one of two of the spring projects that I created recently. This is an easy diy project to do and I’ll take you through all the steps of crafting up some candy flowers.
These candy flowers are great to give someone special, make a little spring magic come to life by putting them into the garden for a fun treat for the kids or help older kids make one for mom. All you need are a few supplies to create this spring crafts ideas diy project. I’ll show you the steps along with a full supply list. This is a quick and easy project that anyone can do. After grabbing your supplies you can get quite a few done during nap time if you have younger kids.
Spring Crafts Ideas: Easy Felt Lollipop Flowers #TheMagicOfSpring
Easy Lollipop Flower DIY #TheMagicOfSpring
First gather up the supplies for the flower project. Then follow the directions listed below.
Spring Crafts Ideas Project Supply List:
- Wood Dowels approx. 6 inches
- Felt Craft Pack in Pastel Colors / Felt
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Scotch Tape
- Wire (optional)
- Dum Dums Lollipops
Spring Crafts Ideas Project Directions;
- Directions for the flower lollipop. Start out by cutting out shapes of flower petals from the felt. You want them larger than the lollipops and you will need about 6 per flower minimum. Also cut out two to three leaves from the felt. An easy way to cut leaves is by cutting a rectangle and going point to point on the diagonal, keeping the center larger than either side to create the leaf shape.
- Next get at least three lollipops and you will tape them together with the wood dowel. I reinforced mine with wire as I wanted mine to last longer and be more durable you could skip this step but, they may not hold together as well.
- Then you’ll begin to hot glue the petals onto the sticks just below the lollipops. Do this step all the way around until it looks like a flower.
- Next use a block of Styrofoam, mason jar or place into a vase while you continue making more.
When you get a whole bunch of felt lollipop flowers made you can have the kids plant magic jelly beans (seeds) and later go to the garden to see the flowers that popped up. Some other spring crafts ideas I usually do is set up a candy bowl or two full of Dum Dums and jelly beans in bags for the kids. Here’s our video of our little pop up garden with #TheMagicOfSpring
With so many spring gatherings I enjoy making my jelly bean cake with two colors (tutorial coming soon) as a treat for the spring festivities for the family. I also like creating spring banners to make things more festive. Then we enjoy a fun garden party that includes painting eggs along with other activities.
When I was making the tutorial for you the little ones couldn’t resist and wanted to make their own. To keep them busy I cut out felt oval shapes of three sizes of various colors and cut a tiny slit in the center then I let them slide the lollipop stick down the slit to add them to the base of their lollipop for their own flower lollipop.
They’d take it off to eat the lollipop and make another lollipop flower.
What type of lollipop garden project would you make to add some fun for your spring festivities? Be sure to search and follow the hashtag #TheMagicOfSpring on social media! You’ll find more yummy garden projects and ideas. You can also visit TheMagicOfSpring.com
What’s your favorite thing about spring? What types of spring traditions do you have in your family?