Here is where I will share all my sewing posts as well as online sewing resources I’ve come across to help the sewist needing answers to questions. They will be categorized below. I hope you find this page helpful for your sewing projects. I will be updating this page often as I come across articles, videos and posts that will help with sewing. I feel that once you have the basics of sewing down that you will find sewing gets easier and easier. Whether you sew from a pattern or draft up your own this page will be where you can find helpful information, tutorials, inspiration and resources for your sewing.
I fell in love with sewing while sitting by as a child watching my grandma sew. She kept me busy until I was old enough to learn by sorting buttons, threading needles for her and going on shopping trips to pick out fabrics. Coming from a frugal household on a limited budget sewing can prove to be an invaluable skill. Whether you are sewing for pleasure or need I hope you find this page helpful. Be sure to subscribe for more!
Online Sewing Resources;
Sewing Projects, Tutorials and Resources;
A few of the online sewing resources/links may be affiliate links. I never recommend products I wouldn’t use myself. Visit here to see site’s full disclosure. Visiting or purchasing from these links are no charge to you. I earn a small commission to keep the site running. Thank you for considering making purchases that keep this site running. I hope you enjoy the free sewing tutorials along with the resources. If your a blogger be sure to share something you have sewn with me at my weekly parties.
Sewing for Decor:
Sewing for Home:
- Sassy Slippers with Foam Inserts Tutorial
- Sewing Pattern Love and School House Tunic (updated images coming soon)
- How to Sew a Pocket
Sewing for Kids:
- Crowns from Recycled Capri Sun Pouches
- Back to School Sewing Roundup
- Teaching Kids to Sew
- Teaching Kids To Sew: Creative Kids The Complete Guide To Sewing
Sewing for Baby:
- Receiving Blankets, Booties and Bootie Insert Tutorial *
- Baby Booties Tutorial *
- Easy Sewing Patterns for Handmade Baby Gifts
- Burbing Cloths For Baby *
- How To Sew A Banner / Bunting
Sewing Zipper Pouches / Bags:
- Make Your Own Fabric and How to Make Zipper Pouch Tutorial *
- 10 Zipper and Non Zipper Pouches
- Wide Mouth Zipper Pouch
- Video Tutorial How to Install a Zipper for Pouches
- Sewing Clutches (video tutorial)
- Weekend DIY Inspiration Sewing Clutches / Patterns
- Little House on the Prairie Costume Part 1 & Tips
- Little House on The Prairie Costume Part 2 & Sewing Tips for Patterns
- Evil Queen Costume Part 1 *
- Evil Queen Costume Part 2
- Artemis Costume and Quiver
Sewing Other Projects / Patterns
- Free Sewing Projects and Patterns
- Schoolhouse Tunic
- Crafting and Sewing Books
- Free Sewing Patterns & Projects
Sewing Product Reviews
Sewing Articles to Help You;
Off Site Sewing Inspiration And Sewing Tutorials;
Off Site Sewing Video Tutorials;
- Bag-Making Basics: Reversible Tote & Zipper Pouch
- Sewing Machine Feet from A to Z
- Learn How To Piece, Patch, Quilt with Craftsy for FREE!
Sewing Books Worth Owning!
- Creative Kids The Complete Guide To Sewing
- Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts
- The Best of Sewing Machine Fun for Kids
- School of Sewing: Learn it, Teach it, Sew Together
- Sewing School: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
Sewing Machine Options I recommend;
Singer Sewing Machine Features:
- 100 Stitch Sewing Machine with 10 Presser Feet Perfect For Crafting, Sewing and Quilting
- Easy Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader
- LED Display Screen with Automatic Stitch Length and Width
- Easy-to-Load Top Drop-In Bobbin System with Clear Cover
- Electronic Auto Pilot allows you to sew without the foot pedal and easily adjust maximum speed; 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
- I have the older Kenmore Version of this machine and love it’s speed control which is helpful for teaching kids or learning to sew yourself! My moms Singer lasted over 35 years!
- A Similar Option to what I sew on now is this Brother Machine. My machine is discontinued or I’d recommend the one I am using. But, these two machines are the closest matches! And I highly recommend either! With plenty of reviews and both sewn on by other family members that are sewers.
Brother Project Runway Limited Edition Sewing Machine Features:
- 100 built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches, each with multiple stitch functions
- Super-wide (7mm) zigzag and decorative stitches
- Built In Sewing Font for Basic Monogramming
- Over-sized Wide Table for Quilting and Larger Projects
- Accessories are inside the machine
Want to learn how to sew? Or Improve?
Here’s a few online classes starting with basic sewing studio onto various sewing techniques. 100% guaranteed! Check out the free previews, over view of classes and what you’ll be sewing and learning!
- Sewing Studio
- 40 Techniques Every Sewer Should Know – Gail Yellen
- Sew Smarter: 30 Professional Techniques
- Beginner Serging