Today we have Chelsea guest posting an easy recipe One Pot Jalapeno Nacho Pasta for us. You can find out more about her at the end of the post.
Jalapeno nacho pasta is an incredibly easy and tasty dish, made in one pot. It can be served with your favorite nacho toppings or on its own.
In case you hadn’t figured it out from reading my blog, I love to cook. I love to experiment with flavors and see what kind of new dishes I can come up with.
Every now and then, though, I really don’t want to cook. But we still have to eat! So I try to find easy dishes. What’s easier than a one pot pasta dish?
Recipe: Easy One Pot Jalapeno Nacho Pasta
I actually wound up with this recipe when I found Cook For Keep’s One Pan Sour Cream and Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Pasta (that is a lot of words, btw). It sounded amazing, but Zach won’t eat sour cream. I had to come up with a solution.
I could have just substituted with Greek yogurt, but for some reason I just didn’t feel like going in that direction. So I decided on a creamy Campbell’s soup. Of course, then I wound up making a bunch of other changes…and I am so happy with the results. So I thought I’d share it with you!
Easy One Pot Jalapeno Nacho Pasta
- 1 (12-oz) box Rotini
- 1 1/2 cups hot pepper cheese
- 1 can Campbell’s Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup
- 2 large chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 3 jalapenos, sliced
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsps onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsps cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz) can diced green chiles
Step 01: In a large pot, heat oil and add spices. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Step 02: Add chicken broth, green chiles, jalapenos, canned soup, and cooked chicken breasts. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the jalapenos are tender.
Step 03: Add noodles and cook according to packaged directions. Remove pot from heat and add the cheese. Stir until melted.
Serve warm and enjoy!
This wasn’t NEARLY as spicy as I thought it would be, which was great. But it still had a really nice kick and a GREAT flavor. If you don’t like spice, though, just don’t add the jalapenos.
Chelsea is the creator and writer for Budget Girl, where she blogs mostly about food, blogging, and DIY.
- One Pot Nacho Pasta was featured here: A Lazy Mom’s One Pan Dinners where you’ll find 14 other One Pan Dinners.
- Favorites for One Pan Cooking are: 5-1/2 Quart Pan With Cover and Chef’s Classic 14 inch Skillet both are 18/10 mirror-finish stainless steel. Classic looks, professional performance. Cooking surface does not discolor, react with food, or alter flavors. And oven safe to 550 degrees! The 5-1/2 quart pan with a lifetime warranty.
You might enjoy these posts! Click Image To View.
- Under 30 Minute Pasta Sauce
- Under 30 Minute Baked Taquitos (easy appetizer or dinner)
- Garnier Olia Hair Color Review