I am all for dinners with quick and easy prep that you can serve up in under an hour. How about you? I love creating and cooking Ragu recipes that include simple steps to get a family dinner on the table that everyone will enjoy. Especially as I’m head taxi driver in my house throughout the year.
Recently we stocked up on vegetables that were fresh from our local farmer’s market. Then headed to the store to get a few other needed items. One of my go to pantry staples is Ragu Pasta Sauces.
Today’s Ragu recipe includes both an easy pasta dish and zucchini pie. Win/win in our house as the family loves this meal and it’s easy! We hope you and your family will love it too.
Zucchini Pie And Pasta Dinner Recipe
Tortellini was a family favorite growing up with little noodles stuffed tightly with cheese. They cook up in about 7 minutes! When I’m really rushed and need a meal under 30 minutes I cook up tortellini with my favorite sauce. Toss in a salad and instant dinner.
Then on days we don’t have to run around or have lessons and when I have planned a little more time for cooking I love adding a good homemade side dish. Today’s is zucchini pie. This recipe is so easy to make, quick to prep and only bakes for about 25-35 minutes.
Here’s how to make Zucchini Pie
Wash and thinly slice up about 3 cups of zucchini, chop one small onion and two to three cloves of garlic.
Next grab a large bowl and add 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 1/8 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup baking mix, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of your favorite New Homestyle Ragu Pasta Sauces. Reserve the rest of your sauce for the tortellini. If you have a bigger family, grab a second jar!
Mix it all together, then add in your onions, garlic and sliced zucchini. Fold gently until fully mixed. Then pour into your baking dish that is pre sprayed with a non stick cooking spray.
After pouring the vegetable mixture in your baking dish; Sprinkle with about 1 tsp. Italian seasonings, black pepper and a bit more shredded Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. After 15 minutes of baking time, start your prep for the tortellini and rest of your Ragu pasta dinner. Serve when ready.
Want to try your own Ragu Pasta Sauce dinner on us?
- Head over to visit the Ragu Sauces Recipes Page Then come back and comment on this post with what Ragu Pasta Sauce Recipe you’d try.
- 1 Winner will be selected at random for $10 Paypal cash!
Print The Ragu Dinner Recipe
- 4-6 zucchini (depending on size) equal to about 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup baking mix
- 1 Jar Homestyle Thick And Hearty Mushroom Sauce (second jar if needed)
- 1 container good shredded Parmesan Cheese 1 cup for the recipe + a little more (rest for garnishing)
- Italian Spices
- Cooking Spray ( I like olive oil cooking spray)
- Mix together in a big mixing bowl: eggs, olive oil, baking mix, Ragu sauce, Parmesan cheese.
- Fold in chopped garlic, chopped onion and zucchini.
- When fully mixed pour into a pre-sprayed dish. (with cooking spray)
- Next add pepper, Italian Seasonings and a little more shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until zucchini are tender and sauce is bubbly and looks thickened. About 30 minutes.
- Serves 4-6 Add an extra jar of sauce if more than 3 people or if you like your pasta saucy! Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Do you have a favorite Ragu Sauce Recipe?