I’m trying to get my home back together after having kids around all summer. Are you? I have a fall to do list which includes pantry storage organization and other home organization. I have been wanting to streamline, de clutter and fix things. My pantry is pretty small and narrow. For someone who loves to cook or bake this isn’t great.
As soon as I get it organized everyone seems to pull it apart! Although, I have it sectioned really well. If they go looking for snacks or other pantry goods it’s like King Kong getting in my cupboards. Total chaos! I had been eyeing some of the kitchen storage containers designed by FrenchBull for a long time.
I had loved their designs ever since I set eyes on them. You might have seen their cute French Bull dog logo before??
Well, my friends over at FrenchBull sent me their brand’s FrenchBull Ziggy Dry Storage Containers Set to try out. They came carefully wrapped in plastic inside the pretty box.
I seriously went to my pantry to grab a few things I had wanted to get out of packaging and store in food safe containers. First you just have to hand wash, then dry the new containers. Once I did that I added my homemade granola to the small storage container that was 24 ounces.
Pantry storage-food safety tips;
- Use food safe BPA-free storage containers
- Use air tight sealing containers
- Make sure your containers are clean prior to filling
- Wash containers with soapy water, rinse well and drip dry is best
- Use fifo rotation for all your pantry products (first in, first out it’s a food safety technique)
- Replace sponges, dishtowels and dishrags often to reduce the spread of bacteria
- If it’s a food pantry item I don’t use all the time I circle the expiration date, or write it on the can with a marker and for food in storage containers I put shelf life on a piece on tape to the bottom
- Store containers at room temperature and out of direct sunlight
- Pantry storage is usually best in temperatures between 40 degrees to 60 degrees
- Cool, dark storage helps prevent food deterioration
- To help avoid pests or rodents store foods properly and keep your pantry clean
Do you have any other pantry storage tips? Be sure to tell us in the comments
Here are the pantry food /container details:
French Bull 3 Piece Airtight Stackable Food/Container Storage Set are perfect for storing cereal, nuts, candy, pasta and whatever else you can imagine. Stackable, space saving design. Airtight silicone seal to keep food dry and fresh. Rounded corners for easy pouring. Made food safe and BPA-Free.
- You can also purchase these storage containers individually by the size storage container you need or want to add to your set.
Let’s just say these containers with their modern design and colors can fit into many styled kitchens. We are loving ours! PS> I can see using these in a craft room too! Just sayin’
- Be Your Own Super Hero Home Organizing 101 Series + Pantry ideas
- 25 Craft Room Organization Ideas
- Craft Room Storage Ideas Tips And Tools
- DIY Closet Organizing Tips And Tools
- Craft Room Storage DIY