With Valentines day right around the corner it’s the perfect time to learn how to give yourself or someone else a great at home manicure. I’ve been so busy with our home organization. I can even use one! I hope today’s beauty post will give you the basics for getting started and have you ending up with a pretty manicure. Who doesn’t enjoy pretty nails? Now a little update and onto the beauty tips.
Sammie has hit another milestone school dances. This Friday is the winter formal and she was ready for a trial diy manicure run with her nails. All I can say is for a girl who doesn’t drink milk she has the nicest nails and pretty nail beds. She’s lucky she doesn’t have my nails! All chipped from crafting. I can never seem to keep them pretty for too long.
I’ve been teaching her some nail basics. Hopefully she will learn how to do her own at some point. But, having four girls I’ve painted quite a few sets. The two OPI colors shown here are Italian Love Affair and I’m Indi-a Mood For Love.
My favorite nail care tools and basics for any manicure:
- A good emery board
- Nail brush Pedicure Wand
- Non-acetone nail polish remover
- OPI Nail Laquer
- OPI Drying Drops
- OPI Top Coat
- Sinful Colors Black on Black *not shown in image above but, used and shown below
A few more tools that we use are cuticle clippers and nail scissors not shown.
DIY Manicure basics;
- Start with clean hands
- File nails straight across or slightly rounded at edges if you prefer
- Wash off hands and dry to get any nail dust off nails
- Gently push back cuticles or trim as needed
- Add cuticle oil and wipe off nail beds
How to apply the polish;
- Put on a clear base coat or clear nail strengthener and let dry
- Put on Base Coat Color and let dry completely *Use Drying Drops to reduce time
- Add a Top Coat and let dry
I hope to update these photos when I get a chance to slow this girl down!
There are many polish brands we love but, we do pick OPI quite often. We started looking at organizing items for Sammie’s nail and makeup supplies, as they are growing. I like to keep the bathroom organized with items in containers and cases. It just makes cleaning so much easier!
A few great beauty makeup organizers can help keep your products clean and sanitary;
- 6 Compartment Counter Tray
- Caboodles Tres Chic Black Train Case
- Girls Cosmetic Bag Pink with Heart
- Girls Cosmetic Bag Silver with Skull
Each of the items above have their uses. I love the Lucite counter trays as they clean up easily. A good case is always handy to have for items purse or a teens backpack. Makeup caboose cases are great when you need lots of storage.
My daughter Jenni is a professional cosmetologist. Can you image all the makeup she has for creating the perfect looks for prom, weddings and magazine photo shoots!? She has invested in a professional cases.
Meet 3 new Beauty brands you need to know about – Air Repair Skincare, Hada Labo Tokyo, & Eden Body Works available at Target! Don’t miss out on their huge 65% off Clearance. Plus grab an extra 10% off with code: Extra10 good on certain items (until 1-10-15)
What color nail polish are you crushing on?